OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So, copping something new ASAP. I'm looking at a 55" LG G3 for my office/lounge, and am completely willing to wait a week or two for the likely sale for Memorial Day, but the G2 is on sale at Best Buy right not for only $1500. My brain says to wait a little bit on the G3 based on reviews, but figured I'd see what y'all think.

For reference, the room is a bit brighter than my living room, where I have a C1 that's performing adequately. It's not all that bright in here, but my lady hasn't met a set of curtains or blinds she can go without opening. I'm thinking the extra brightness might come in handy for occasions when she's in there.
Shop online. Better prices, and LG has excellent customer service for OLEDs.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, over the weekend, I copped a LG G3 for my office/lounge. Went out on a limb, and copped from Amazon, since I noticed it was on sale for $200 off. Considering that the size I wanted (55") seems to be near impossible to find in stock in my area at retail, let alone discounted, I jumped on it.

Apparently it shipped from a retailer in LA, and was originally supposed to show up some time next week. But, as it turns out, it's actually supposed to be here today.

I'm excited as shyt, but I'm definitely fukking around with relapsing into my consumer electronics addiction. When this TV arrives, I'm gonna have more TVs than rooms in my condo, and I'm already planning on getting another one later. :lolbron:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last time ever buying from a retailer on Amazon. These motherfukkers used OnTrac, who literally just propped the damn TV up on its side outside my front door, and dipped. Didn't even bother to ring the fukking doorbell. :dead:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Review out for the s90C on rtings

Compared to the s95b
The Samsung S95B OLED and the Samsung S90C OLED are almost identical. Indeed, the S90C looks like a repackaged S95B but with official 4k @ 144Hz support, the 2023 version of their proprietary Tizen OS, and a new 77" model size alongside the existing 55" and 65" models. Everything else is identical.

Last edited:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Review out for the s95c on rtings

Compared to the s95b

Thats the cheaper S90C.

S95C is definitely a step up from S95B...

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I moved into a new place and now my 48-inch CX feels too small. The way the living room is set up the couch is perfect where it is and the TV would be too…if it were bigger.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I always tell people to get a real stereo receiver system, unless you can't wait for some reason. Why pair top tier video with ehh audio?

Cause Honestly I’m Not An Audiophile, If It Sounds Good I’m Happy, When I’m INTO Something I Don’t Mind At All Dropping Bread On It, My Current Soundbar Sucks Though So I Wanna Replace It.