OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How is the burn-in thing an actual factor?

These damn reviewers got me shook.
In 2022, you have to be an idiot or have a defective panel to get burn in. LG covers burn in under warranty, they will send a guy to replace your panel in your home for free. Can't speak for any of the other manufacturers. Don't do retarded shyt, and you'll be fine. Reviewers like to say that shyt to stir controversy and discussion.

If you:

1. Break the TV in properly
2. Don't watch channels or play games with static images for hours on end (when I play Destiny, if I'm standing in a spot for a while not moving, I'll go to the inventory screen for a couple seconds just to change the screen image once every few minutes, and I play for HOURS sometimes). ZERO burn in, and my TV is 2 years old. I've accidentally left a game on for 20 or so minutes while doing something. STILL no problems.
3. Don't get a defective panel.

You will NEVER get burn in. If you do, LG is a phone call away.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In 2022, you have to be an idiot or have a defective panel to get burn in. LG covers burn in under warranty, they will send a guy to replace your panel in your home for free. Can't speak for any of the other manufacturers. Don't do retarded shyt, and you'll be fine. Reviewers like to say that shyt to stir controversy and discussion.

If you:

1. Break the TV in properly
2. Don't watch channels or play games with static images for hours on end (when I play Destiny, if I'm standing in a spot for a while not moving, I'll go to the inventory screen for a couple seconds just to change the screen image once every few minutes, and I play for HOURS sometimes). ZERO burn in, and my TV is 2 years old. I've accidentally left a game on for 20 or so minutes while doing something. STILL no problems.
3. Don't get a defective panel.

You will NEVER get burn in. If you do, LG is a phone call away.

that's cool and all....but I still copped that extended warranty from best buy :pachaha:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn I be leaving the xbox on the home screen while the TV on for hours :lupe:

*edit*

did some looking around and I do use the screen dimmer which is a plus but I still need to stop leaving it on for hours if I’m not playing shyt

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that's cool and all....but I still copped that extended warranty from best buy :pachaha:
If you don't mind giving the money away (most paid warranties are scams), and it makes you feel better, more power to you.
damn I be leaving the xbox on the home screen while the TV on for hours :lupe:

*edit*

did some looking around and I do use the screen dimmer which is a plus but I still need to stop leaving it on for hours if I’m not playing shyt
HOURS? You're taking chances :francis:

Last edited: