OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Went to buy the 65" C1 for $1200.00 last night, and that mf'r was sold out. I'm salty. Now I'm looking for the best 65" under 1k. I don't have any video game consoles at the moment, so the TV will be for watching. Any ideas?
You can get an OLED that big for that price? I would think you'd maybe be able to find a 55 inch for close to that.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, they had 65" C1's on amazon for $1196 last night.

Newegg got'em for $100 more @ $1296 rn

I wouldn't be thrilled to spend $1200-$1300 on that when it's a 2021 TV and I can get a 2022 model for $1400.

Also our local Best Buy has an open box C2 for about $1400 as well.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Went to buy the 65" C1 for $1200.00 last night, and that mf'r was sold out. I'm salty. Now I'm looking for the best 65" under 1k. I don't have any video game consoles at the moment, so the TV will be for watching. Any ideas?
That price for a 65" is CRAZY. I would expect that to sell out quickly. All I can say is shop around, and see if anyone is matching. And don't get talked into a Vizio.

Last edited:

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My LG C1 heads I've had mine for about 2 months now and I cannot figure out how to make the screensaver that comes up with the fireworks/stars go away when you pause the TV etc. Anyone know what setting I need to change to fix this?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
My LG C1 heads I've had mine for about 2 months now and I cannot figure out how to make the screensaver that comes up with the fireworks/stars go away when you pause the TV etc. Anyone know what setting I need to change to fix this?
I don't think you should disable that. It's purposely implemented to prevent burn in as it resets each pixel.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know 3 people with the c1 and they all love it. I just got the c2 on Amazon and I feel I got way more features than I needed.

Are there tvs with just as good of a picture that doesn’t have all the extras that make this tv great for gaming? This is going in the living room. I’ll never game on it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I know 3 people with the c1 and they all love it. I just got the c2 on Amazon and I feel I got way more features than I needed.

Are there tvs with just as good of a picture that doesn’t have all the extras that make this tv great for gaming? This is going in the living room. I’ll never game on it.
No. The only ones cheaper are the Vizios, you don't want that.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I said this initially…that changed after a few weeks…now I mostly game on it lol

I have a C2 as well (65")…I have a C1 (48") but I don’t use it as much
lol. I have an extra room set up just for me. I'm either gonna get a smaller tv like the 48 or 55 inch c2 so i'll never use the 65 inch in the living room. If i don't do that I'll use my computer monitor and a Sonos in the spare room. I'm still not sure how i want to set the room up, I just bought the house.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol. I have an extra room set up just for me. I'm either gonna get a smaller tv like the 48 or 55 inch c2 so i'll never use the 65 inch in the living room. If i don't do that I'll use my computer monitor and a Sonos in the spare room. I'm still not sure how i want to set the room up, I just bought the house.

ya I had just moved into mine a few months back and wanted to setup a game room which is where I put the smaller TV…my plan was to use the big TV in the living room for movies and shows, etc. and just go in the game room if I wanna play games…but sometimes I would watch a movie and be comfortable and just want to jump into a game without having to get up and go to the game room so I broke down and got a PS5 and XSX for the living room as well smh

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
ya I had just moved into mine a few months back and wanted to setup a game room which is where I put the smaller TV…my plan was to use the big TV in the living room for movies and shows, etc. and just go in the game room if I wanna play games…but sometimes I would watch a movie and be comfortable and just want to jump into a game without having to get up and go to the game room so I broke down and got a PS5 and XSX for the living room as well smh
:wow: Big Dikk Surf low key flexing on nikkas.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I can see that being a reality at some point :francis: i guess i'm keeping it