OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't buy that. It may look a lil different, but good calibration settings can give u a good base for a great pic.

Netflix looks incredible on the c1. Football still looks suspect. Im guessing cuz directv seems to only have 720p resolution
Panel fabrication isn't exact. Each panel is different.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So u had a pro to calibrate yours? How much does it cost?
Did it myself using my personal preferences and test materials. There are DVDs you can buy, or go to AVSforum.com, and they have slides and guides you can use for at least the basics.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't buy that. It may look a lil different, but good calibration settings can give u a good base for a great pic.

Netflix looks incredible on the c1. Football still looks suspect. Im guessing cuz directv seems to only have 720p resolution

Yeah, a lot of normal broadcast sources are going to look iffy. One is resolution, like you mentioned, because you're honestly lucky if your provider even broadcasts in 1080P. But the real hit on quality will be compression. Even on streaming services, most broadcast channels are compressed to shyt. Those two along will be why you'll notice a big difference in stuff on Netflix that's just plain 4K, let alone something mastered in Dolby Vision.

And panels can actually have a huge difference in variance. Color temps can run cool or warm, backlights can vary in brightness/intensity, and the room itself can make a difference. Really, any preloaded settings are really more guidelines, as opposed to definitive.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Should i replace my KS9500 in the living room with a C1 brehs? :troll:

i've had a b9 in the bedroom for a few years and it's made me ashamed of the blooming and shytty blacks on the sammy

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finally joined the oled gang...wife bought me one for christmas :banderas:

Cherish her, breh:mjcry:

Should i replace my KS9500 in the living room with a C1 brehs? :troll:

i've had a b9 in the bedroom for a few years and it's made me ashamed of the blooming and shytty blacks on the sammy

Of course

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New OLED lineups for 2022

Sony QD-OLED TV promises better color than its other OLED TVs at CES 2022

Engadget is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Explaining QD-OLED, Samsung’s display tech that is wowing CES

I was interested in the 42 inch Sony A90k, but they're STILL playing games with VRR and adding the tech in a future update after launch:hhh:

42 inch LG C2 will be an automatic cop.

Yeah, man. I REALLY want a Sony OLED, but knowing you essentially have to go to the A95 to get VRR, and STILL only get two HDMI 2.1 ports is an automatic dealbreaker me. I need another TV for my office/lounge, and depending on circumstances, I might take the dip on a G2, since that should theoretically be closer to the picture quality of the Sony OLEDs die to using similar heatsink tech.