OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How do I even get movies in that? I don't think hbogo or netflix has them.
Dedicated BR player, Shield, XBSX, PC, idk about anything else. I think Netflix supports DV, but Netflix will only look but so good, the video is compressed. You need at least one uncompressed source to take full advantage of your setup. I use a Shield. Dolby Vision, Atmos, supports everything.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

I'm going to purchase calibration settings from him

Netflix wants more money to up resolution

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

DO NOT buy settings from ANYONE. These panels have differences from the fabrication. They also don't take room conditions into consideration. If you want to spend money, buy a professional calibration. Otherwise, download free tools and do it yourself.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Quantum is one of the biggest clowns on YouTube when it comes to TV, The Chinese dude from HDTV test had to son his silly ass a couple years back

The fact that he is selling settings is telling, any calibrator worth their salt is going to tell you panels vary and each set should be modified individually

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
DO NOY buy settings from ANYONE. These panels have differences from the fabrication. They also don't take room conditions into consideration. If you want to spend money, buy a professional calibration. Otherwise, download free tools and do it yourself.
Quantum is one of the biggest clowns on YouTube when it comes to TV, The Chinese dude from HDTV test had to son his silly ass a couple years back

The fact that he is selling settings is telling, any calibrator worth their salt is going to tell you panels vary and each set should be modified individually

That lil secret menu colorimetry sh1t really made my image look more lively tho

Neck red as fukk. But before everything looked dull

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Aren't color calibrations supposed to be specific for each unit?
I don't buy that. It may look a lil different, but good calibration settings can give u a good base for a great pic.

Netflix looks incredible on the c1. Football still looks suspect. Im guessing cuz directv seems to only have 720p resolution