OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
I didn't see it in store. I just want some for sports and movies. Not a gamer anymore
The x90j is a good tv. You wouldn’t have a problem with it. But the OLEDS are superior in every way. You not putting them side to side so you will enjoy the x90j. I have a c1 and x90j so I see the difference.

Daps
I need that
Eat OLED gang

First this:

The darkest environments will make brings out the best in the OLED, including gaming

In PS5 screen and video settings, either set the resolution to 4k or automatic (idk what it is for the xbox series x but I assume it's the same)

Set transfer bit rate to automatic, HDR to always on, deep color output to automatic, and RGB range to FULL

To compliment this, in picture settings:
Game Mode for Picture Mode obviously

In the picture settings for the CX, I have picture settings that I posted earlier in this thread that several others used and have found a significant increase in picture quality. Here are the current/updated settings

OLED Light 100:
I have it at 100,sometimes lower at around 65, but you can adjust it to whatever level is
comfortable for your eyes.

Contrast - 85:
Out of the box it is at 100, but I noticed the games looked just "right" at exactly this contrast
For example, TLOU2 looked weird at 100 compared to 85, and the details were expressed better at 85. Maybe you find otherwise but this is what has been true for me and others but who knows.

Brightness - 46:
Best for black levels

Sharpness - 20 or 30:
20 is a sweet spot for sharpness. 30 is another sweet spot for sharpness and will provide more details and give a more cinematic look. Choose
20 or 30. You might like the softness of 20 vs. 30 or the added detail and look of 30 compared to 20. I currently have my sharpness at 30 because I noticed in TLOU2 the grass looked noticeably detailed and better compared to 20 and games pop more. You can do 20, 30, or somewhere in between if your eyes see differently than 20 or 30 being the sweet spot. Don't go higher than 30 for sharpness as any added detail is the an illusion of artificial sharpness that messes up other details.

Color - 57:
57 is the sweet spot for the best balance of color. You can go up to about 65 if you want more vibrant colors. Higher than 65 and the colors become oversaturated

Tint - 0

In advanced controls in picture settings
dynamic contrast - off, dynamic tone mapping -on, super resolution - off, color gamut - auto

In white balance in advanced controls
color temperature-medium:

originally I had it at warm 1 but I like the way medium looks compared to warm 1. You might like warm 1 better
method-2 points, point-high, red-0, green-0, blue-0

In color management system in advanced controls
color-red, saturation-0, tint-0, luminance-0,

In advanced controls, I think peak brightness will automatically be set to high

In picture options, set all the image smoothing options like noise reduction, smooth gradation, tru motion, etc. to off
For black level in picture options, set black level to high instead of automatic or low. Black level set to high combined with RGB range set to FULL works best for the CX

In the settings beyond picture settings:
Set energy saving to off
In additional settings, I set the option "fine tune dark areas" to 0
There really isn't a consensus of what to set this to so I set it to the middle, 0

Try 30 for sharpness, compare to 20. I originally made 20 the sweet spot for sharpness but 30 is another sweet spot and I prefer it for now.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
So with the LG c1, u can only adjust hdr and dolby vision when viewing certain content? Cuz I don't see it when Im viewing sports.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So with the LG c1, u can only adjust hdr and dolby vision when viewing certain content? Cuz I don't see it when Im viewing sports.

Yeah. Your picture settings only effect the input/quality that you're currently viewing. So, you can only adjust HDR/Dolby Vision settings while watching said content.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
At this point I think oleds are kinda overrated if u not gaming. But this definitely made the color pop