OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
  • Dap
Reactions: dza
Daps
I've posted my settings over and over again but I am obsessed w/ this tv after discovering them :mjlol:
I'm posting them again just in case anyone missed it because I still can't believe what I'm seeing

If you want to go to a level you didn't know existed, use these settings because the out of box settings ain't it

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

I'm gonna find out if you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change your picture settings
I don't think you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change your picture settings
For everyone who is using and are happy with my settings, I want do do experiments in terms of settings
I want to find the sweet spot in terms of sharpness
Right now it's 20
I lowered my sharpness to 15 and I like the slight difference in how the games look
Anyone using my settings, lower your sharpness to 15 and tell me if you think the games look better vs. having the sharpness at 20
If you can't tell the difference it's whatever :mjlol:
I am going to continue playing with the settings, like sharpness, and post my thoughts here
If 92 is too high I recommend 50-70 if you lower it
Let me know if lowering the OLED light makes the image look worse to you

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got my Oled brightness at 40. I use that shyt as a monitor and I can't have that bright shyt right in front of my face like that.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I got my Oled brightness at 40. I use that shyt as a monitor and I can't have that bright shyt right in front of my face like that.

I keep mine at like 35 in a dark room about 5 ft viewing distance. You turn on Dolby vision and burn the fukk out your eyes lol

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm my bright living room, on Technicolor Expert mode, I run my

OLED light at 99
Contrast at 100
Brightness 63
Sharpness 25
Color 62

Expert Controls:
Dynamic Contrast Low
Super Resolution High
Color Gamut Auto
Gamma 2.4

White Balance
Warm 2
Method 2 Points
White Balance is subjective, but red will darken the image, while blue will make it appear brighter

Picture Options:
No Noise Reduction
No MPEG Reduction
Black Level Low
Real Cinema On
Motion Eyecare Off
True Motion Off

I messed with these settings obsessively for well over a month as I've done with all my televisions and believe this is a great base for anyone trying to get the brightest image from their unit that pops but looks realistic across any source you throw at it. Lots of times people's settings will look fine on one input or channel, but once you change it to something else, you'll get the "lobster effect" (milky skin tones and blown highlights), not with these settings though.

Of course all of our eyes and televisions are different, but I think something close to these settings will make most people quite happy with their purchase for a very long time to come.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Is anybody worried about burn-in? It's the main reason why I'm scared of OLEDs.

The TV who's black get that dark can't be too trustworthy....:mjpls:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is anybody worried about burn-in? It's the main reason why I'm scared of OLEDs.

The TV who's black get that dark can't be too trustworthy....:mjpls:
Am am. Thats why that 5 year warranty was a must for my LG

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I had to go with a QLED TCL 6-series mini-LED in my living cause it’s too bright in there but imma definitely go with an OLED in my man cave.