OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
what do you think about my game settings?
turning down OLED light is fine if 92 is too high
You think the image looks the same with the lowered OLED light?

haven't messed with the game settings yet...the LG just auto-switches HDR on & switches to Game mode

next time I'm on, might change things up but the default don't look bad

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
@Deep_Black_Conscious used you're settings in game mode but I took the OLED light down to 77...looked good but certain parts of MM were too dark so I'll prolly up the light to low to mid 80s and see

Daps
Who got the PS5 calibration settings for the CX?

Wanna compare to other brehs...only had mine for 2 weeks so still dialing it in
I can share my game mode settings I use for the PS5
Make sure you adjust the HDR for your PS5 when you first connect the PS5 to your tv
The out of box settings are fine to some people but I feel my settings give games a certain pop to them
I can give RDR2 as a specific example (try it out if you have the game on PS4). It looked really
fuzzy and soft on the out box settings. Once I figured out my settings, RDR2 looked like a completely different game

took my OLED light down to 74..gonna have to play around with the settings a bit more to get things just right

what do you think about my game settings?
turning down OLED light is fine if 92 is too high
You think the image looks the same with the lowered OLED light?

@Deep_Black_Conscious used you're settings in game mode but I took the OLED light down to 77...looked good but certain parts of MM were too dark so I'll prolly up the light to low to mid 80s and see

could be the brightness settings in the game. you have the brightness settings in the game up?

At this point if 92 is too high for OLED light just turn it down to whatever level feels comfortable for your eyes
Leave all the other settings in my settings the same though. The reason I have it directly at 92 is because I feel the image quality looks good and decreases when you decrease the OLED light. That might be in my head though that's why I want to know if anyone else feels the same. If not then I might start playing at 40 since it hasn't been too bad with the games I've been playing lately.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
waiting until the new LG comes in the spring, that way the older models will be cheaper. my tv right now is cool, i ain't by no means cheap but i am frugal :mjgrin:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Just got a Samsung 70 Inch Oled for 699 and I was able to walk out the door with no down payment :blessed:.

My 70 Inch Vizio went down last week,and the repair is 250$, fukk it :yeshrug:, just buy another one that's better :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just got a Samsung 70 Inch Oled for 699 and I was able to walk out the door with no down payment :blessed:.

My 70 Inch Vizio went down last week,and the repair is 250$, fukk it :yeshrug:, just buy another one that's better :yeshrug:
Samsung doesn't make OLEDs, and they don't cost 700. FOH:camby:

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I can share my game mode settings I use for the PS5
Make sure you adjust the HDR for your PS5 when you first connect the PS5 to your tv
The out of box settings are fine to some people but I feel my settings give games a certain pop to them
I can give RDR2 as a specific example (try it out if you have the game on PS4). It looked really
fuzzy and soft on the out box settings. Once I figured out my settings, RDR2 looked like a completely different game

could be the brightness settings in the game. you have the brightness settings in the game up?

At this point if 92 is too high for OLED light just turn it down to whatever level feels comfortable for your eyes
Leave all the other settings in my settings the same though. The reason I have it directly at 92 is because I feel the image quality looks good and decreases when you decrease the OLED light. That might be in my head though that's why I want to know if anyone else feels the same. If not then I might start playing at 40 since it hasn't been too bad with the games I've been playing lately.

will check the birghtness in the game but since my last post haven't really ran into that problem again...and your settings got things looking crispy

1 thing I forgot to ask is how I get to where I get the color temp in game mode

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
It’s the tech...I got a QLED too,it’s a better tv for bright room situations in my opinion, but LG and Sony’s OLED are a different level in dark rooms.

I’d keep the QLED personally :manny:
Good looking breh they got an LG OLED 60Hz for 760$ but it's only 55 inches :picard:. Nah I'm cool with this for now.

The refresh rate did t look any better next to the TV I just bought. I'm big on the whole smooth motion features and how TV's handle motion in general. The Oled wasn't really much smoother but I didn't play around with the settings on that tv. I activated the motion features on the tv I bought.

I'm mad I gotta go buy longer screws for the bracket clip doe I can't use my shyt until tomorrow :stopitslime:. Gotta hit the hardware store in the morning for that shyt.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It’s the tech...I got a QLED too,it’s a better tv for bright room situations in my opinion, but LG and Sony’s OLED are a different level in dark rooms.

I’d keep the QLED personally :manny:

Good looking breh they got an LG OLED 60Hz for 760$ but it's only 55 inches :picard:. Nah I'm cool with this for now.

The refresh rate did t look any better next to the TV I just bought. I'm big on the whole smooth motion features and how TV's handle motion in general. The Oled wasn't really much smoother but I didn't play around with the settings on that tv. I activated the motion features on the tv I bought.

I'm mad I gotta go buy longer screws for the bracket clip doe I can't use my shyt until tomorrow :stopitslime:. Gotta hit the hardware store in the morning for that shyt.

:camby::camby::camby::camby::camby: