OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The out of box image is very smooth and clear. But it's too smooth. The image lacks that "pop" for games
I was disappointed because I thought the image was good but not incredible like a lot of people from OLED gang were claiming
So I adjusted my settings and games look INCREDIBLE now no matter what it is
The image is falling out the screen

Another question to my gamer brehs is the HDMI cable that comes with the TV HDMI 2.1? or should I cop one ahead of time?

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony has great color and motion, unfortunately the tv department doesn’t talk to the PlayStation department and failed to include hdmi 2.1....

The only answer is LG
Went into my Local Best Buy and they had 3 of them in stock. Pissed that the price shot back up but I"ll probably grab one this weekend.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember a HDMI coming with mine :dwillhuh:
I'm using the HDMI 2.1 that came w/ the PS5
If a HDMI comes w/ the CX I lost that shyt :francis:
ya I aint see a cable in the box for my BX. just the remote(which operates like a Wii mote that had me :krs: once I figured out what was goin on), some manuals, screws, n the lil stand. the xbox hdmi like the ps5 one, I been using that:yeshrug:
The LG CX is beautiful. It’s beautiful!!

:mjcry:
glad you like your tv. LG OLED really does look nice :smile:

Daps
I've posted my settings over and over again but I am obsessed w/ this tv after discovering them :mjlol:
I'm posting them again just in case anyone missed it because I still can't believe what I'm seeing

If you want to go to a level you didn't know existed, use these settings because the out of box settings ain't it

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

I'm gonna find out if you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change your picture settings

Last edited:

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've posted my settings over and over again but I am obsessed w/ this tv after discovering them :mjlol:
I'm posting them again just in case anyone missed it because I still can't believe what I'm seeing

If you want to go to another level you didn't know existed, use these settings because the out of box settings ain't it

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

I'm gonna find out if you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change your picture settings
Been doing a lot of research on the CX before deciding on it will most likely pick it up next week. Saying that are your settings on par with this cat?

Daps
Been doing a lot of research on the CX before deciding on it will most likely pick it up next week. Saying that are your settings on par with this cat?

I mostly use my CX for gaming and will watch 4k content on netflix or amazon when I'm not gaming
Looking at the vid, it seems like he is going over overall settings and what they do
I used the eye test to tweak my settings until the image became impressive
I wasn't that impressed by what I was seeing and was more disappointed than impressed
Games looked good but not mind blowing
Movies and tv looked good but not amazing
For the money I spent, I was expecting to be blown away and the out of box settings were the problem
Changed my settings
Because of the image quality I am now seeing, I search for things to play and watch just to see what it will look like
Now the image quality is unlike anything I've ever seen, especially for GAMES

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mostly use my CX for gaming and will watch 4k content on netflix or amazon when I'm not gaming
Looking at the vid, it seems like he is going over overall settings and what they do
I used the eye test to tweak my settings until the image became impressive
I wasn't that impressed by what I was seeing and was more disappointed than impressed
Games looked good but not mind blowing
Movies and tv looked good but not amazing
For the money I spent, I was expecting to be blown away and the out of box settings were the problem
Changed my settings
Because of the image quality I am now seeing, I search for things to play and watch just to see what it will look like
Now the image quality is unlike anything I've ever seen, especially for GAMES
Homie did one for the new PS5 and Xbox as well.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think I might just get a soundbar and be done with it. My book shelf speakers are entry level and small, so I can just move them over to my PC.