OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Gotta wait till Wednesday to get my s95b back
Dude came Thursday to fix it brought in a whole new panel or screen
Plugged it in and there was no power so he took it back to the shop and they fixed it there.
Good thing I still kept my ru8000 which is the reason why I still went with samsung cuz my old 65 inch still kicking with no issues. But man maybe I should’ve just went with Sony :beli:
If some other shyt happen again ima force them to give me a s95c or just gimme my money back so I can go with Sony

No PS5 playing this weekend because no way in hell I’ma go back to a standard led :dead:

Just picked up the 65 inch

Vrr. Truly a game changer for ps5. Running elden ring in quality mode smooth as hell.

Every game looks like an upgrade.

:wow:

We OLED gang now. Sony!

@Ciggavelli
I'm the captain now nihk.

I just saw this on sale at Costco(Canada)for like 1000$ off
Man :beli: I should’ve just told Samsung straight up to gimme my cash back

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
O maybe I meant to tag you instead.

My ol girl wouldn't turn on on Friday night. I didn't even feel like buying a new power brick to see if that was the issue. Went to best buy and bought whatever tv gets the silver medal and this was the one. The 80k was a grand to much for me..

Now I'm the Oled champ on this board nikkuh
We rocking 3 OLEDs in our houses now. :sas2:

One in the bedroom, one in the living room, and a super ultrawide oled for pc gaming.

All jokes aside, congrats on the new tv. I bet it looks amazing :blessed:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I've lived with it for a couple months now, but the burn-in caused by our security system finally became unbearable to me on our, 5 year old LG B6 a couple days ago. We use our television for monitoring our cameras for entertainment 80% and television/movies 20% of the time, so another OLED was pretty much out of the question. Went down the rabbit hole of q and micro led panels and began to narrow it down between the hisense u8k and sony x93l. After looking at a bunch of reviews for the two of them, and feeling like I would probably be able to get used to whatever shortcoming micro-led's may have, I found myself walking out of bestbuy yesterday with a new... C3, albeit with a five year geek squad warranty tacked on to it. I just couldn't make the change brehs, lol. Bad motion handling on the hisense and blooming issues on the sony mixed with oled handling highlight separation better were ultimately deal breakers for me. There is a small, but noticeable bump in image quality, but I would have been fine with sticking with my b6 for another couple years had this not had happened. Two years, no interest financing through BB make this an easier bill to swallow though.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Nothing wrong with saving money. One of the worst things about the digital age is seeing so much more resulting in the keeping up with the Jones’s bullshyt. If you content, stay where u at until you get the extra bread.

Fuk that, you can't take your money with you. Working all those years and ain't never get a chance to enjoy it?

If you can splurge, it doesn't hurt every once in a while. What I look like holding onto a 2003 Plasma? :mjlol:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fuk that, you can't take your money with you. Working all those years and ain't never get a chance to enjoy it?

If you can splurge, it doesn't hurt every once in a while. What I look like holding onto a 2003 Plasma? :mjlol:
You can also nickel and dime yourself to death and fukk yourself over. Imagine dropping 2k on a tv, and then you have a 10k medical emergency, or your car gets totaled, or a family member needs help, or your property taxes go up, etc.

Lots of imaginary players live above their means until it comes back to haunt them.

The man doesnt feel comfortable dropping bread right now, and i see no problem with that sort of apprehension.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You can also nickel and dime yourself to death and fukk yourself over. Imagine dropping 2k on a tv, and then you have a 10k medical emergency, or your car gets totaled, or a family member needs help, or your property taxes go up, etc.

Lots of imaginary players live above their means until it comes back to haunt them.

The man doesnt feel comfortable dropping bread right now, and i see no problem with that sort of apprehension.

I mean if that's the case, why even bother buying anything outside of the absolute necessities in fear of emergencies? Fearing for the unexpected, might as well save every penny possible. There's a ton of shyt we don't need. And even then people still go broke even while being budget conscious.

That's why I emphasized splurging every once in a while.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Warranty? If it doesn't start where th LG one ends, you got beat. And unless your taxes were huge, it's still not worth it.

It was $400 for five years, roughly $6.50/mo. If I wasn't at such a high risk of burning it due to my intended use, I would have just stuck with LG's warranty, but in this instance I'd rather have the convenience of best buy covering it for me. Now I can run my system for hours on end, on whatever brightness I want and if something happens, I literally have a bestbuy ten minutes away from me where I can get a fresh set straight out the box without any extra hassle of dealing with lg's tech support and service bs, which I already have experience in dealing with and would rather avoid a second time around with them.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It was $400 for five years, roughly $6.50/mo. If I wasn't at such a high risk of burning it due to my intended use, I would have just stuck with LG's warranty, but in this instance I'd rather have the convenience of best buy covering it for me. Now I can run my system for hours on end, on whatever brightness I want and if something happens, I literally have a bestbuy ten minutes away from me where I can get a fresh set straight out the box without any extra hassle of dealing with lg's tech support and service bs, which I already have experience in dealing with and would rather avoid a second time around with them.
As long as you read the fine print. Those warranties are 90% scam:hubie: