OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Warranty? If it doesn't start where th LG one ends, you got beat. And unless your taxes were huge, it's still not worth it.

My wife got this text from her brother this morning :francis:

sJD3agF.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My wife got this text from her brother this morning :francis:

sJD3agF.jpg
If you live in an off brand area, :manny:. LG offered to replace my E6 panel out of warranty for free. I declined because I'd lose the 3D. They take great care of OLED customers, but they don't have people EVERYWHERE in the US. It's a Korean company. Any non-US company runs this risk, but are you trying to buy a US made TV (if you even can in 2023)?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
All dem asians there. How is there not a lg korean technician :skip:

Right, I'm literally in the epicenter of the bay area lol. All I'm saying is that I'm glad I went with the geek squad protection plan with this purchase.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Got the LG C2 42” on Father’s Day this year. Been playing on an LG 4K 60hz monitor for years. The change is drastic. The tv doesn’t seem too big, just can’t seem to get the colors right.

Have you enabled Deep Color and 4:4:4 Passthrough?

Settings > General > External Devices > HDMI Settings

I don't know why for the life of me that LG always buries this option so deep in its menus on its OLEDS

Brandwin

Pro
Daps

I don't know why for the life of me that LG always buries this option so deep in its menus on its OLEDS
Not sure. I’ll double check. I know I watched a lot of “profrsssional videos to get the settings right. Thanks.

Brandwin

Pro
Daps

So just having 4K on a in the HDMI deep color section? It’s on… I think it could be coming from LCD to an OLED. Just a difference in way everything looks. I’m probably used to the more brighter colors than more natural look.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
So just having 4K on a in the HDMI deep color section? It’s on… I think it could be coming from LCD to an OLED. Just a difference in way everything looks. I’m probably used to the more brighter colors than more natural look.

Yeah, that definitely could be it too.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Not sure. I’ll double check. I know I watched a lot of “profrsssional videos to get the settings right. Thanks.

Have you tried messing with the expert settings in different picture modes? Certain options will be greyed out depending on which one you’re using. If you’re trying to get an lcd look, you’ll want to enable all of the dynamic contrast settings that are available as well as playing with the gamma and white balance to a certain degree.

Last edited: