OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Would you say the newest models are NOT worth the difference?

If you're going for a balls out home theater setup with controlled lighting and an crazy audiophile system, perhaps. But otherwise you'd probably miss that $1k a whole lot more than that extra small bump in microcontrast that a more expensive tv would give you. I bet less than 20% of the general population could tell the difference in a side by side comparison test between the c2 and a higher end model tbh. Even these low end QLED displays deliver quite impressive pictures these days. If you plan on using it for gaming at all, just make sure that it can support a 120hz refresh rate, which the C2 does.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If you're going for a balls out home theater setup with controlled lighting and a crazy audiophile system, perhaps. But otherwise you'd probably miss that $1k a whole lot more than that extra small bump in microcontrast that a more expensive tv would give you. I bet less than 20% of the general population could tell the difference in a side by side comparison test tbh. Even these low end QLED displays deliver quite impressive pictures these days. If you plan on using it for gaming at all, just make sure that it can support a 120hz refresh rate, which the C2 does.
That’s really all I need it for. That 120hz. I have a Samsung UN60KS8000. I actually just looked it up and I bought it in 2017. At the time it was seen as the best big screen for gaming cause it’s input lag was crazy small.

But yea. It’s time to step it up. This one costs 1200 new so I figure 1200 new isn’t going to get me some shyt TV. But when I see electronics and something is newer and more expensive…..

I don’t buy often so I like to future proof it. But for some pixels and shyt. Nah. I’ll stick to the C2 like you said. I know the newer ones have some screen thingy that doesn’t allow burn in. But for an extra 1400, I can just buy another c2

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
That’s really all I need it for. That 120hz. I have a Samsung UN60KS8000. I actually just looked it up and I bought it in 2017. At the time it was seen as the best big screen for gaming cause it’s input lag was crazy small.

But yea. It’s time to step it up. This one costs 1200 new so I figure 1200 new isn’t going to get me some shyt TV. But when I see electronics and something is newer and more expensive…..

I don’t buy often so I like to future proof it. But for some pixels and shyt. Nah. I’ll stick to the C2 like you said. I know the newer ones have some screen thingy that doesn’t allow burn in. But for an extra 1400, I can just buy another c2

You won't get *burned* as long as you turn down the brightness a few notches and don't leave it on a static image all day. A few hour gaming sessions at a time won't hurt it at all though. All OLEDs also come with a pixel shifting maintenance routine option that will further protect your panel from burning. LG is also known for having very good customer service. If it burns within 4 years of ownership, they'll send you a new panel and all you'll have to do is fork over about $200 to cover the labor for the repair.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You won't get *burned* as long as you turn down the brightness a few notches and don't leave it on a static image all day. A few hour gaming sessions at a time won't hurt it at all though. All OLEDs also come with a pixel shifting maintenance routine option that will further protect your panel from burning. LG is also known for having very good customer service. If it burns within 4 years of ownership, they'll send you a new panel and all you'll have to do is fork over about $200 to cover the labor for the repair.
SOLD!!!

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The higher end models are brighter, used to have better input lag (IDK about now) and have additional bells and whistles. If you won't miss the money, get the better one.

I kind of feel like panel brightness is kind of starting to become moot selling point these days. Plasmas could definitely be too dim for rooms with a lot of sunlight back in the day, but even my seven year old oled set has been plenty bright for my living room and never left me wanting for more.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I kind of feel like panel brightness is kind of starting to become moot selling point these days. Plasmas could definitely be too dim for rooms with a lot of sunlight back in the day, but even my seven year old oled set has been plenty bright for my living room and never left me wanting for more.
Contrast

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
Costco has the 55" C2 for cheap.. $4-600 :damn:

So far I only could find em in the El Paso, Tx (79925) & Champaign, IL (61820) stores.

Good luck getting a price match :francis::lupe:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Costco has the 55" C2 for cheap.. $4-600 :damn:

So far I only could find em in the El Paso, Tx (79925) & Champaign, IL (61820) stores.

Good luck getting a price match :francis::lupe:
If they deliver I'm copping TODAY

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man, I like my OLED but this shyt not having ESPN’s app is a huge inconvenience. AirPlay and screen mirroring doesn’t work with their app for whatever reason on my shyt, so I’m left watching shyt on my MacBook :gucci:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Man, I like my OLED but this shyt not having ESPN’s app is a huge inconvenience. AirPlay and screen mirroring doesn’t work with their app for whatever reason on my shyt, so I’m left watching shyt on my MacBook :gucci:
I'd like to ask what OLED did you buy?
Have you considered buying a roku or Apple TV device?

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I'd like to ask what OLED did you buy?
Have you considered buying a roku or Apple TV device?

65 inch C1 last year. I have an Apple TV connected to my 150 inch screen/Vava ultra 4k projector in the living room. I’ve been hesitant to do another Apple TV, because the OLED is in my master bedroom and I detest cords. I might have to go that route and try to hide the cords/box behind the TV itself. 🤔

shyt is not going to fukk up the feng shui of my room. 🫤

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
65 inch C1 last year. I have an Apple TV connected to my 150 inch screen/Vava ultra 4k projector in the living room. I’ve been hesitant to do another Apple TV, because the OLED is in my master bedroom and I detest cords. I might have to go that route and try to hide the cords/box behind the TV itself. 🤔

shyt is not going to fukk up the feng shui of my room. 🫤
Yeah, I see your dilemma. Try logging into ESPN via LG's web browser see if that works.

When googling your issue this seems to be an ESPN & LG problem. I guarantee that you can watch most stuff via airplay except ESPN.