Old Yeller Presents The 2024 Democratic National Convention Thread 8/19-8/22 (Live on YouTube)

After the DNC we hype to vote Kamala???

• Harris/Walz 2024 Leggo!

Votes: 115 97.5%
  • Hell Nah I’m Voting Trump

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Davewhite

Pro
Daps

This thumbnail is crazy

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Guys...the comment section on Fox's media pages are overwhelmingly positive or at least the algorithms are only highlighting the positive comments.

If Kamala knocks the speech, policy rollout, and just keeps reiterating a Israel/Palestine ceasefire, she's gonna pack Trump up...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Guys...the comment section on Fox's media pages are overwhelmingly positive or at least the algorithms are only highlighting the positive comments.

If Kamala knocks the speech, policy rollout, and just keeps reiterating a Israel/Palestine ceasefire, she's gonna pack Trump up...

I said before dude a cheat Code. Folks may not want tk admit it but Kamala is NOT likable at all and her personality probably reminds people of a bytchy manager at work regardless of how effective she is thus Walz is the kind of person you use to balance the optics where Kamala can do her thing and be as ruthless as needed while Walz rocks the crowd and takes attention off of it.

Very few people can be likeable and ruthless so you gotta balance like this (folks either are too likeable they appear borderline simple/too dumb or too ruthless they appear evil).

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
If he could’ve snuck in “clear eyes, full hearts..” in there it would’ve been pandemonium
You better @Kamala’s quick response X account (no joke). Her ppl are viewing/updating that shyt asap. Definitely GenZ. If you hit them up and relay that, I am ~ 70% sure they will get that to his team and it’ll be incorporated in one of his speeches.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I said before dude a cheat Code. Folks may not want tk admit it but Kamala is NOT likable at all and her personality probably reminds people of a bytchy manager at work regardless of how effective she is thus Walz is the kind of person you use to balance the optics where Kamala can do her thing and be as ruthless as needed while Walz rocks the crowd and takes attention off of it.

Very few people can be likeable and ruthless so you gotta balance like this (folks either are too likeable they appear borderline simple/too dumb or too ruthless they appear evil).
True, which is why I said this woman is smarter than ppl think because she’s keeping her ear to the streets.

This woman is calculating and I fukking love it because THAT’s the kind of person you need in office, on your side. That woman isn’t taking any shyt when she gets in office.

The real issue is men don’t have to be likable if they are effective. Women, however, have to be likable to a certain extent to get in the door and remain.

Like we all said, if Trump were actually smarter and more likable, he’d ruin this country within the next 4 years. However, he’s such a terrible person he couldn’t get back in office to complete their agenda.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
True, which is why I said this woman is smarter than ppl think because she’s keeping her ear to the streets.

This woman is calculating and I fukking love it because THAT’s the kind of person you need in office, on your side. That woman isn’t taking any shyt when she gets in office.

The real issue is men don’t have to be likable if they are effective. Women, however, have to be likable to a certain extent to get in the door and remain.

Like we all said, if Trump were actually smarter and more likable, he’d ruin this country within the next 4 years. However, he’s such a terrible person he couldn’t get back in office to complete their agenda.

I don't think anyone ever questioned Kamala's Intelligence or capabilities. The issue with Go-Getters is they tend to not be likable and to the common person can be off putting as they tend to have a "damn y'all too stupid to even realize what I`m even doing accomplishes this goal" and have to "fake" (while not doing a good job) having empathy for shyt they find stupid. I come from that cloth of over achieving hyper competitive HBCU/Ivy League black folks, and it simply isn't digestible for the avg person regardless of race (and it is amplified with non-blacks due to the 'uppity negro' trope).

This is why the black folks from that cloth who aren't likable tend to just stick to Private sector. Those who get into government either know how to rock the crowd (i.e. your Obamas) or they just lead Tactical units so they don't have to worry about face time and offending people they feel are stupid.

I like Kamala think 95% of people are stupid as shyt.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I don't think anyone ever questioned Kamala's Intelligence or capabilities. The issue with Go-Getters is they tend to not be likable and to the common person can be off putting as they tend to have a "damn y'all too stupid to even realize what I`m even doing accomplishes this goal" and have to "fake" (while not doing a good job) having empathy for shyt they find stupid. I come from that cloth of over achieving hyper competitive HBCU/Ivy League black folks, and it simply isn't digestible for the avg person regardless of race (and it is amplified with non-blacks due to the 'uppity negro' trope).

This is why the black folks from that cloth who aren't likable tend to just stick to Private sector. Those who get into government either know how to rock the crowd (i.e. your Obamas) or they just lead Tactical units so they don't have to worry about face time and offending people they feel are stupid.

I like Kamala think 95% of people are stupid as shyt.
We come from similar families. I get it.

My ultimate point is the lady understands how she has been perceived and received and knew the exact type of running mate who would appeal to the masses and help her win. Not only was it a strategic choice, but he seems to literally be a good person.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We come from similar families. I get it.

My ultimate point is the lady understands how she has been perceived and received and knew the exact type of running mate who would appeal to the masses and help her win. Not only was it a strategic choice, but he seems to literally be a good person.

You mean her team/Dems. They got a squad of analyst who do all the research and present findings to the leadership who then brief the head (In this case Kamala) on best path forward.

My concern is Dems should he focusing on a 100 year plan and not just beating trump and then 2028 we back to square 1