Old Yeller Presents The 2024 Democratic National Convention Thread 8/19-8/22 (Live on YouTube)

After the DNC we hype to vote Kamala???

• Harris/Walz 2024 Leggo!

Votes: 115 97.5%
  • Hell Nah I’m Voting Trump

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If you have under $100m net worth I wouldn’t worry about it. I wouldn’t worry about it anyway because it won’t pass through Congress.

Tax policy only requires 51 votes in the senate, it can certainly happen if dems hold the senate and keep the house. But as someone who works in that field...don't lose sleep over it happening lol.

I think the more likely changes are the sunset of Trump's tax cut, raising the top rate back to 39.6 (from 37%). Those rates expire at the end of next year and no matter who wins the house/senate the president will decide what happens. If Kamala wins she can simply do nothing and allow the law to expire, which will raise rates. I'd imagine that's what she will do if dems don't control both the house and senate. Similar to what Obama did after winning re-election in 2012; despite republicans screaming and demanding he negotiate, he said fukk you and let the Bush tax cutes expire for the wealthy.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There's a possibility that if that happens and they lose AGAIN with the maga shyt, it's over for that chapter of conservatism in America. Losing in 2020, 2024, and 2028 is just a plain undeniable rejection.

if Kamala Wins, I assume she will seek reelection in 28 because she is young, and like I mentioned earlier in the thread that Wes More X Gavin Newsome ticket shaping up to be a scary sight. Republicans using the next decade doing the same shyt would just be idiotic where if they try to revamp for 32 it would be too late IMO.

There is a path for Republicans that they could take that takes advantage of the Normal Americans problems with the Democrats but they seem too stupid to see it lol like even when they harp on it they don't have the language down so they seem crazy.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Yeah this election is about common sense at this point, the negative though is because everyone with common sense isnt gonna vote trumps this is the stuff that fuels democrats laziness. This is why im ready for the Trump era to end, becauss it created a dangerous environment where every valid criticism of a democrat = oh you are MAGA.

The thing is if Kamala wins GOP will just spend the next 4 years attacking her rather than purging the trump extremist and rebranding
This is one of the reasons I am voting Kamala, I need America to do away with this goofy MAGA shyt so politics can become serious again. It feels like a lot of politics these days is being ran on the fear of extreme conspiracy theories, and it's all because of Trump.

I even have older family members now who are supporting trump because they went down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole from Facebook posts. :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is one of the reasons I am voting Kamala, I need America to do away with this goofy MAGA shyt so politics can become serious again. It feels like a lot of politics these days is being ran on the fear of extreme conspiracy theories, and it's all because of Trump.

I even have older family members now who are supporting trump because they went down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole from Facebook posts. :francis:

Exactly. Like i said before we spent all these years debating weirdo shyt that we aint really looking at how we will he competitive as a country in the future. I travel a ton and the rest of the world is prepping for a life without/not dependent on the USA due to China swooping in while we debate each other on twitter

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
if Kamala Wins, I assume she will seek reelection in 28 because she is young, and like I mentioned earlier in the thread that Wes More X Gavin Newsome ticket shaping up to be a scary sight. Republicans using the next decade doing the same shyt would just be idiotic where if they try to revamp for 32 it would be too late IMO.

There is a path for Republicans that they could take that takes advantage of the Normal Americans problems with the Democrats but they seem too stupid to see it lol like even when they harp on it they don't have the language down so they seem crazy.
They need to worry about downballot too. People look at someone like Marjorie Taylor who would rather ramble about dumbass conspiracy theories instead of getting fed gov money for her state.

These people aren't even doing well with normal people in their districts because they've had their brains poisoned by online echo chambers and they think the shyt they obsess over 24/7 is what's on the mind of most people.

What maga is afraid of is regular people getting politically activated and going to vote because they think someone is actually speaking to their real problems instead of the kind of anxieties they obsess over because they don't have to worry about paying their rent, getting laid off from work after the boss just bought himself a new Tesla cyber truck and a Porsche.

There is a version of conservatism that exists in this country. It's the version that wants glass steagle act back to reign in wall st greed. It's the kind that wants lobbying gone because it gives the rich an unfair advantage. It's the kind that wants cold war era military spending to end. It doesn't want subsidies for oil and gas, and instead subsidies for workers who are trying to buy homes and cars of their own and for construction projects for renewables. It wants bigger budgets for education and youth service programs. It's the kind that wants to keep AI from taking jobs and strengthen unions so employers can't use offshoring and immigration to suppress wages. It wants American businesses to not just beg for tarrifs and bans on competing products, but encourages free market competition by breaking up Monopolies. It's the kind that puts it's foot on silicon valley neck and demands people be paid for their data or not have it harvested and sold to third parties who can sell it to shell companies run by hostile governments. The problem is that the Republicans have become taken over by lunatic fascists obsessed with race, gender, and the smell of billionaire boot soles so that strain of conservatism lives in the democratic party now.

If they're going to rebrand, they have a lot of work to do. They may just say 'fukk it' and jettison the republican brand altogether if it's become too toxic and corrupted to fix and start a new party while the republican party continues to devolve into a fascism.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They need to worry about downballot too. People look at someone like Marjorie Taylor who would rather ramble about dumbass conspiracy theories instead of getting fed gov money for her state.

These people aren't even doing well with normal people in their districts because they've had their brains poisoned by online echo chambers and they think the shyt they obsess over 24/7 is what's on the mind of most people.

What maga is afraid of is regular people getting politically activated and going to vote because they think someone is actually speaking to their real problems instead of the kind of anxieties they obsess over because they don't have to worry about paying their rent, getting laid off from work after the boss just bought himself a new Tesla cyber truck and a Porsche.

There is a version of conservatism that exists in this country. It's the version that wants glass steagle act back to reign in wall st greed. It's the kind that wants lobbying gone because it gives the rich an unfair advantage. It's the kind that wants cold war era military spending to end. It doesn't want subsidies for oil and gas, and instead subsidies for workers who are trying to buy homes and cars of their own and for construction projects for renewables. It wants bigger budgets for education and youth service programs. It's the kind that wants to keep AI from taking jobs and strengthen unions so employers can't use offshoring and immigration to suppress wages. It wants American businesses to not just beg for tarrifs and bans on competing products, but encourages free market competition by breaking up Monopolies. It's the kind that puts it's foot on silicon valley neck and demands people be paid for their data or not have it harvested and sold to third parties who can sell it to shell companies run by hostile governments. The problem is that the Republicans have become taken over by lunatic fascists obsessed with race, gender, and the smell of billionaire boot soles so that strain of conservatism lives in the democratic party now.

If they're going to rebrand, they have a lot of work to do. They may just say 'fukk it' and jettison the republican brand altogether if it's become too toxic and corrupted to fix and start a new party while the republican party continues to devolve into a fascism.

I said it early but I see the new Right being more of the Libertarian Technocrat types. Where they'll be for weed, gay stuff, etc. under the guise of do what you want as long is it is legal but Black people are not prepared what so ever for the brand of racism that comes with that world.

I said before ideally I'd think you'd see a resurgence of the "Rockefeller Republicans" but who knows