Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Btw is Kerr gonna stick with that atrocious starting lineup the whole Olympics? Replace Booker with KD and Embiid with AD and stop bullshytting. You’ll have 4 of the 5 players who are used to playing with each other and be able to start games strong instead of waiting on the third rotation to blow the game open.

How can you look at the 1st quarter of any of these games and be happy with it?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Says who

KD go nuclear again, they not playing
They are not gonna keep Bron's minutes up like this

And I think they don't want that kind of narrative running for this campaign either so it'd make sense to give em a few minutes to end that noise

If they pull away from Sudan early they'll get some burn

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Btw is Kerr gonna stick with that atrocious starting lineup the whole Olympics? Replace Booker with KD and Embiid with AD and stop bullshytting. You’ll have 4 of the 5 players who are used to playing with each other and be able to start games strong instead of waiting on the third rotation to blow the game open.

You keep Booker in the starting lineup for now.. Booker hasn’t been scoring great so far, besides last game, but he’s played some good defense and knowing his role on this team

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Olympics minutes usually requires some DNPs, but not a player of Tatum stature. So know Kerr has created a situation where whoever gets a DNP will be a big deal when it never would have been before

Also now if he DNPs White—-which is who should be DNP’d—-it will look reactionary and may cause friction.

Also if you don’t give guys minutes in the blowout now he’s gonna try to give freebie minutes in a actual close game and it’ll cost them

You got ONE job as head coach in this type setting. You should fade into the background. We never noticed Chuck Daly. Coach K would NEVER be out here lookin like this.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
It's a bad move. Part of being a savy coach is keeping everyone engaged, especially a player as important going forward as Tatum. It's a good thing he admitted it himself, i'm sure he was bit surprised at the uproar following the game. I'm shocked that Spoelstra and the other assistants didn't call him to order.

Tatum's too much of a pushover for his own good, needs to assert himself a little more as far as i'm concerned.
This is basically a vacation for Spo, he has enough shyt to worry about in Miami. He’s not trying to stress himself out by stirring the the pot

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
@Raquinotj can you explain to me why Tatum got zero minutes?

Steve Kerr is an idiot. I can see it stings that Tatum still a champion and you’re a “Celtics Fan” that hates Tatum because he already better than Paul Pierce ever was. Let me remind you the guy who played 0 minutes.

But yeah go ahead and keep convincing yourself he deserves 0 minutes.

Last edited:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California

Y’all doing too much we smoked

does it really matter when we mopped Serbia the way we did? Our biggest challenge is going to be Canada and they barley got by a trash Greek squad

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y’all doing too much we smoked

does it really matter when we mopped Serbia the way we did? Our biggest challenge is going to be Canada and they barley got by a trash Greek squad
In each of those games they started off down 10-1 and 10-2. Why risk slow starts in a 40 minute game? I mean playing Book, Drue, and Steph together with Lebron next to a ball stopper in Embiid. Why?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Steve Kerr is an idiot. I can see it stings that Tatum still a champion and you’re a “Celtics Fan” that hates Tatum because he already better than Paul Pierce ever was. Let me remind you the guy who played 0 minutes.

But yeah go ahead and keep convincing yourself he deserves 0 minutes.

I dont know what games you watch but Jayson Tatum is not a better basketball player than Paul Pierce.

You confuse accolades obtained in different eras with actual skill/talent. Tatum is the first healthy all nba 1st team player to get a dnp in an Olympic game.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, I don't see what the whole big deal with this Tatum being benched thing. Didn't want him to be on Team USA for this Olympics in the first place :manny: . Already had a long ass Finals run, he needed the rest both physically and mentally from that. Training camp starts in September, shyt goes by quick as hell. Wished he declined to go

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

You can tell Tatum has been watching alot film. Has that instant sense while dribbling in the paint that the help is coming and where the open shooters are with pin point passes. He has made so much strides as a playmaker