Ol' Cheese Lies: MICHAEL JORDAN AUDIO SURFACES If Isiah Thomas Is On Dream Team ... 'I WONT PLAY'

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He didn’t say don’t chase Isiah. He said it’s either Isiah or it’s me. Choose. You can say whatever you want but if people don’t like, they don’t want to be around you. Isiah played abs won with a style making it clear that he didn’t care what people thought. Well that has ramifications.
:mjcry: Said he didn’t care about what people thought too so you’d think he’d respect that :mjgrin:
Obviously he lied. MJ wanted to play with guys who would back down to him, if you threatened that then he wouldn’t like you :mjcry:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Unless a lot of kats didn't watch this rivalry cause they too young. Or they just weren't aware.

This is well known. Mike was holding grudges with zeke and all the pistons for years and even decades.

Hell the jordan rules book by sam smith spilled all the beans years ago. This just revisionist history and sports media spinning this shyt.

Also if you are old enough to have been in chicago during their run. You already know all this recycled stuff. From the rodman partying, to the beef with the pistons, to the beef with krause and etc.

Only thing that espin documentary didn't tell you was that krause was Reinsdorf lap dog and Reinsdorf was / is cheap. After he had that new stadium and them season tickets sold out for the next 10 years. He had no use for old cheese eyes, phill hippy ass or scottie.

One more thing. This the same Reinsdorf who told LBJ when he was a free agent in 2010. That he could not guarantee he would go over the salary cap to get talent on the team...because he wasn't sure if they would be championship contenders. LBJ and rose would have to prove it..:laff::laff::laff:

Can you imagine having a young rose and LBJ on the same team and unwilling to spend money cause you weren't sure they would be contenders..:laff::laff:

Reinsdorf is one of the dumbest owners of all time.:laff::laff::laff:

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Who the fukk cares.

Any real hoop fan knew he wasn’t fukking with Isiah like that and if USA Basketball wanted their profile to never have to worry about Russians winning gold medals over them again, then they had to bow down to what amounted to a small demand.

In the long run it was the right thing to do and the league has been eating off of it ever since. MJ put them game on a global scale for that era and Nike (along with the NBA, and Christian Laetner) should be grateful.

Not a lot of people are saying “damn this team was missing something without Isiah”. Even Chuck Daly was cool with it so it is what it is.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't Mike, the people who were putting the team together had already made that decision before it came to him.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody knew Mike was full of shyt. Still them other nikkas turned on Isiah too tho

Back then it was easy. The shyt was like getting brownie points especially from the white media. They were still pissed and are still pissed to this day over the birs comment.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
This is silly, they flat out don't like each other, people do realize that's okay right? :pachaha:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MICHAEL JORDAN AUDIO SURFACESIf Isiah Thomas Is On Dream Team... 'I WONT PLAY'
5/26/2020 5:49 AM PT
3171fb2c2412426cadf01db2d617448a_md.jpg

BREAKING NEWS
Getty

Michael Jordan is contradicting Michael Jordan ... and it's all on tape.

Remember when MJ said on "The Last Dance" that he didn't have any specific involvement in blocking Isiah Thomas from being on the legendary dream team?

Yeah, well ... now audio has surfaced from an old interview in which MJ says straight-up he told 1992 Olympics selection committee member Rod Thorn he's OUT if Thomas makes the team.

It's all on Jack McCallum's 'The Dream Team Tapes' -- here's the transcription.

"Rod Thorn called me. I said, ‘Rod, I won’t play if Isiah Thomas is on the team.' He assured me. He said, 'You know what? Chuck [Chuck Daly] doesn’t want Isiah. So, Isiah is not going to be part of the team.'"

So, which Michael Jordan do you believe?!

Of course, there was SERIOUS bad blood between MJ and Thomas after the Pistons walked off the floor without shaking hands with the Chicago Bulls in the '91 NBA Playoffs.

For his part, Thomas admits he's still "personally hurt" he was not asked to be a part of that legendary '92 dream team -- and back in April, he said it's all because he didn't shake Michael Jordan's hand.

"If I'm not apart of the dream team because a lapse in emotion in terms of not shaking someone's hand ... if that's the reason why I didn't make the Dream Team, then I am more disappointed today than I was back then when I wasn't selected."

Michael Jordan Audio Surfaces, 'I Wont Play if Isiah Thomas' Is On Dream Team

That documentary gave me the impression, that despite all of his achievements, Michael Jordan is an extremely unhappy person :yeshrug:
The way he still held grudges and lied about (or tried to spin) certain things struck me as immature and petty. I still think he is the getestet player ever, but as a human being, he seems to be extremely flawed.

As far as Isiah Thomas goes: He shouldn't have acted like a bytch when he got beaten. His "lapse of emotions" came with repercussions, that's life. But that's also why Jordan should have just said "Yes, I did it and I stand by it to this day."

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
We ALL knew this

Just like we ALL know Isaiah led the freeze out of MJ in the 86 All Star Game.

These nikkas don’t like each other. They have a mutual respect for one another’s talent but personally there is bad blood and an element of it will always remain.

They were FIERCE rivals.They were in the same conference. Add in the Chicago element of Isaiah being born and bred from the city whilst MJ was crowned KING of that city and its just a mixture for dislike.

Honestly I don’t “blame” either of them. BUT it IS an unforgivable sin that Isaiah (and Dominique Wilkins) were left off of the Dream Team. No excuse whatsoever. But MJ flexed his power and influence the same way Isaiah flexed HIS when MJ was a rookie

Last edited:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did folks doubt it? MJ a petty nikka
I mean the nikka made a whole propaganda doc where he made sure it got out that he had no say in it. For all the dikkriding bout how tough MJ is, he shys away from the most basic accountability. He want it both ways. To be the tough maniacal villain but also "a good guy who gets misunderstood". The way he tried to play off the "republicans buy sneakers " shyt pissed me off too. Some things are better left unsaid.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unless a lot if kats didn't watch this rivalry cause they too young. Or they just weren't aware.

This is well known. Mike was holding grudges with zeke and all the pistons for years and even decades.

Hell the jordan rules book by sam smith spilled all the beans years ago. This just revisionist history and sports media spinning this shyt.

Also if you are old enough to have been in chicago during their run. You already know all this recycled stuff. From the rodman partying, to the beef with the pistons, to the beef with krause and etc.

Only thing that espin documentary didn't tell you was that krause was Reinsdorf lap dog and Reinsdorf was / is cheap. After he had that new stadium and them season tickets sold out for the next 10 years. He had no use for old cheese eyes, phill hippy ass or scottie.

One more thing. This the same Reinsdorf who told LBJ when he was a free agent in 2010. That he could not guarantee he would go over the salary cap to get talent on the team...because he wasn't sure if they would be championship contenders. LBJ and rose would have to prove it..:laff::laff::laff:

Can you imagine having a young rose and LBJ on the same team and unwilling to spend money cause you weren't sure they would be contenders..:laff::laff:

Reinsdorf is one of the dumbest owners of all time.:laff::laff::laff:

A lot of FOs had/have been scared to make moves up until players started taking it into their own hands, and putting the real pressure on em

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
The dagger has to be that even Isaiah's own coach didn't even want him on the team:francis:
With that Chuck chose history over a player....

Have a chance to coach the greatest team of all time, or give all that up to stand by 1 player...a HOF player to give him credit, but still 1 player no less....Chuck chose history