OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

eternalreign06

Chi-town Bred
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
though monkey doesn't have nearly the racial connotation it does outside of the ol US of A it still ain't a phrase that I would want to be called be I in Auckland, Houston, or London

This is disingenuous, monkey sounds and even bananas are/have been hurled at black players worldwide in soccer for years. FIFA even has a global campaign against it. Not saying Adams had any malicious intent, but soccer is the #1 global sport and the above issue is very much in the forefront globally.

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
The real racist are the ones that think of black people when the word monkey is brought up :mjpls:
This is a fact that's being overlooked. Every time someone says monkey or someone looks like a monkey you think of black people breh? :patrice::usure:. I've heard plenty of white folks compare their babies to monkies. That's the type of thinking that never gets us ahead. Just like if someone uses ghetto/hood they automatically think of black folks when there's plenty of cacs in the hood too. He clearly meant nothing by it and yeah he was thinking of an analogy but maybe in his mind a monkey=quickness/running around. Yall nikkaz kill me....always reaching to try and find a reason to call a person a c00n and making everything a black/white thing :scusthov:

Last edited:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Probably the first time dude got interviewed after a game all season...Probably gonna be the last time too
nsFa0Ec.png

Boxden.Com - The urban web's front page - View Single Post - NBA Steve Adams: "Quick Little Monkies"

:usure:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
He probably didn't have that intent, but he apologized quickly so it is what it is.

For those saying "he's foreign" as a excuse, Australia/New Zealand has a history of EXTREME racism just so you know.

Obviously they have, but completely different type of racism & history than USA, so that's not really the point when people say "he's foreign". but the fact that certain terms/racial stereotypes may or may not mean the same in different countries/cultures.
(my favorite example is the fact that "faq" means cigarette in the UK.. so saying that someone is "smoking a pack of fags" certainly means 2 different things in the US & UK :pachaha:)

Plus like mentioned, he's not exactly 'white' himself, his father is English but his mother is Tongan... as a matter of fact, his (internationally maybe even more famous) older sister is the best female shot putter in the world, who definitely doesn't look "European" or "British" (who are mainly the ppl responsible for the racist history in Australia/New Zealand)

A0LCSWUCAAAPQbn.jpg

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:yeshrug: don't know why yall so offended by that word. Steven didnt do anything wrong. you always been an overly sensitive poster so i'm not surprised. i bet 85% of black people on this site don't care aboutthat word.
Again, your opinions on how I perceive insults regarding my blackness are irrelevant. You know nothing about me, my experiences, or my situation. If your parents taught you to not give a fukk when people use derisive and racist insults toward your people (I.e. slant eyes or chink) that's your parents failure and not my concern.

That being said, While I don't think there was any malicious intent with Adams comments, I do find the comment offensive and he should apologize. Furthermore, I found it disturbing monkey was the first word that came into his head when he was attempting to describe the other black players on the floor. Being that he is one of the few white players on the floor, I'm sure the white supremacist concept of the "animalistic super negroe" was somewhere in this cacs subconscious when he decided to utter that offensive quip.

So fukk him, and fukk you and others like you for always trying to get blacks to ignore white supremacy because it makes your dumb ass uncomfortable. I don't post here for you comfort you bytch nikka. If my posts leave you unsettled, put me on ignore.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He probably didn't have that intent, but he apologized quickly so it is what it is.

For those saying "he's foreign" as a excuse, Australia/New Zealand has a history of EXTREME racism just so you know.
Exactly. White supremacy is a global phenomenon. fukkers act as if blacks are only being mistreated in the US.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
Again, your opinions on how I perceive insults regarding my blackness are irrelevant. You know nothing about me, my experiences, or my situation. If your parents taught you to not give a fukk when people use derisive and racist insults toward your people (I.e. slant eyes or chink) that's your parents failure and not my concern.

That being said, While I don't think there was any malicious intent with Adams comments, I do find the comment offensive and he should apologize. Furthermore, I found it disturbing monkey was the first word that came into his head when he was attempting to describe the other black players on the floor. Being that he is one of the few white players on the floor, I'm sure the white supremacist concept of the "animalistic super negroe" was somewhere in this cacs subconscious when he decided to utter that offensive quip.

So fukk him, and fukk you and others like you for always trying to get blacks to ignore white supremacy because it makes your dumb ass uncomfortable. I don't post here for you comfort you bytch nikka. If my posts leave you unsettled, put me on ignore.
:ehh: i like your resolve

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Obviously they have, but completely different type of racism & history than USA, so that's not really the point when people say "he's foreign". but the fact that certain terms/racial stereotypes may or may not mean the same in different countries/cultures.
(my favorite example is the fact that "faq" means cigarette in the UK.. so saying that someone is "smoking a pack of fags" certainly means 2 different things in the US & UK :pachaha:)

Plus like mentioned, he's not exactly 'white' himself, his father is English but his mother is Tongan... as a matter of fact, his (internationally maybe even more famous) older sister is the best female shot putter in the world, who definitely doesn't look "European" or "British" (who are mainly the ppl responsible for the racist history in Australia/New Zealand)

A0LCSWUCAAAPQbn.jpg
fukk out of here. Australians and New Zealanders are racist as hell ther damn selves. Your clearly white with this apologetic bullshyt.

Australians are in the final stages of ethnically cleansing the fukking native aboriginal peoples. Had those aboriginal victims been Jews we were never hear the end of it. But since they're black no one gives a fukk, so much so that even twats like yourself are willing to overlook it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whether he knew it or not. He should have known not to say no shyt like that. He's in America now with plenty of black people paying his paycheck.

He already apologized, but I'd like to see full dialog on why that shyt was wrong to say, so other people won't make the mistake again.

So should he have known it or should he have knew it?
Ef0LEom.png

I'm fukking crying in the office :russ::dead:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
fukk out of here. Australians and New Zealanders are racist as hell ther damn selves. Your clearly white with this apologetic bullshyt.

Australians are in the final stages of ethnically cleansing the fukking native aboriginal peoples. Had those aboriginal victims been Jews we were never hear the end of it. But since they're black no one gives a fukk, so much so that even twats like yourself are willing to overlook it.

I never said anything in my post which suggested otherwise.

Just the fact that there's a difference between American racism & racism elsewhere. Just like there's difference between American history & for example Australian history. But keep missing the point & keep insulting me because you like to jump to conclusions & seem like the type of person who can't understand cultural differences :manny:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Adams had a poor chance of words, he means no harm. He just isn't that type of guy.

It's a lot less harmless than a lot of garbage that have come out of Iggy's mouth.
Interesting that you felt the need to throw a Black man under the bus in order to defend a white man.