OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aint no "foreigner" or "in the moment" excuse. He paused to search for the right words and "monkey" is what he came up with? :dead: Makes you wonder what he was originally gonna say :mjpls:.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Funny how when it's something perceived as a slight to blacks, folks want black people to get over it. But Jewish folks jump on any iota of perceived disrespect instantly, and you rarely hear a word about anyone making a mountain out of a molehill. :mjpls:

...and according to some of y'all only one of the splash brothers is black... and that one's blackness is like a queen of spades possible on thecoli.com. So if it's a slight, I guess it's not a full slight.

I'll wait. :sas2:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whether he knew it or not. He should have known not to say no shyt like that. He's in America now with plenty of black people paying his paycheck.

He already apologized, but I'd like to see full dialog on why that shyt was wrong to say, so other people won't make the mistake again.
:dwillhuh::mindblown:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Whether he knew it or not. He should have known not to say no shyt like that. He's in America now with plenty of black people paying his paycheck.

He already apologized, but I'd like to see full dialog on why that shyt was wrong to say, so other people won't make the mistake again.
:mindblown:

Last edited:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Hilarious...reminds me of when Billy Packer literally said the exact same thing about Allen Iverson on air. Called him a quick little monkey, and then apologized on air during the gamw when people starting calling CBS.

it was harmless then, and this is harmless now.
Saying quick little monkey cost Howard Cosell his job Billy Packer knew from experience he fukked up.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you travel abroad, the first thing you are supposed to do is review the customs of where you are going and try to be respectful of the people there. Especially if you are going to live and work there and expect to be accepted culturally.

So should he have known it or should he have knew it?
Ef0LEom.png

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
though monkey doesn't have nearly the racial connotation it does outside of the ol US of A it still ain't a phrase that I would want to be called be I in Auckland, Houston, or London