OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Probably the first time dude got interviewed after a game all season...Probably gonna be the last time too
nsFa0Ec.png

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. You guys call @Blackthoughts all kinds of stereotypical words so i think "monkey" should be accepted in this sub-forum.
No one cares about your opinion on what black people should be called clown.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Saying quick little monkey cost Howard Cosell his job Billy Packer knew from experience he fukked up.
They're Americans and by far aware by their years here what the connotstions bore. But context isn't allowed here is it?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yes. He should have known. He's playing in America, he has black people on his team. Black people fund his paycheck.

Since when has ignorance been a valid defense?
Since when has being uneducated about means you shouldn't be uneducated about something? :mjlol:

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nikkas in this thread acting like Steph don't look like Curious George. I say that to get your attention, hell my 5 year old look like Curious George too. It's not cuz we look like monkeys though, it's cuz monkeys look like us. They literally been drawing cartoon monkeys with our characteristics for centuries now, thats what we should be mad about if anything. Steven Adams is not the enemy here, we can't even appreciate a spot on analogy cuz we're so hurt from our conditioning.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I wouldn't see much in it if he just happen to say it. Would have still been a poor choice of words but at least then it could be viewed more innocently

What raises my spidey sense is the hesitation before he said it, as if something in his mind said oh that could be a little racist but out of ego he said fukk it and said it anyway. White racist always say slick shyt to see who catches it and who if they can get away with it.

And as others have stated racism is has never been only isolated to the u.s in Australia they have been committing genocide on the black aborigines in west papau brining in the Philippine military to literally exterminate those blacks who have been given Denationalization when it's been proven they have been in that land before any whites or Asians for at least 70k years. If Adams is from there he knows exactly what racism looks like and how it compares here in america.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
nikkas in this thread acting like Steph don't look like Curious George. I say that to get your attention, hell my 5 year old look like Curious George too. It's not cuz we look like monkeys though, it's cuz monkeys look like us. They literally been drawing cartoon monkeys with our characteristics for centuries now, thats what we should be mad about if anything. Steven Adams is not the enemy here, we can't even appreciate a spot on analogy cuz we're so hurt from our conditioning.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
so if you're offended, who on the golden state warriors qualifies as the racist definition of a monkey? and are there less of them on the team adams plays for? i'm starting to worry about folks defaulting to black as soon as someone says monkey and you all don't even engage your brains and figure he must not mean it like that because his team certainly has a darker tone than the warriors ... if black = monkey and all.

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at some of the posters absolving Adams and then look at their post history and you'll see things clearer

Look at my posting history, tell me if you find any c00nery :francis:

We lookin moist as hell for this shyt, nikkas reaching hard in here.

And he apologized quickly after, im sure his teammates let him know whats up :yeshrug:

"I wasn't thinking straight," he told USA Today Sports. "I didn't know it was going to upset anyone, but I'm truly sorry. It was just a poor choice of words. I was just trying to express how difficult it was chasing those guys around."

"It's just different, mate," he told USA Today Sports. "Different words, different expressions and stuff like that. But they obviously can be taken differently, depending on which country you're in. I'm assimilating, mate, still trying to figure out the boundaries. But I definitely overstepped them tonight."

Last edited: