OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Wow, what a contradiction. So Steven Adams can't compare a guards athletic agility to that of a monkey, but you can neg me and call me a "fakkit" because somehow my post makes me a derogatory term for a homosexual? Emotions. You pretty much lost all your credibility on this subject, move on.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
When I saw it it looked like he was about to curse, caught himself and then was searching for a new word

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Monkey was a bad choice of word, but he was trying to think of an animal that was quick and shorter than him. If he said jack rabbits or something like that no one would have batted an eye. The problem is people who are offended by this give words too much power. Look at this forum, the word f@ggot & c00n are thrown around like crazy

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
HOL UP..... You guys honestly believe that using the term monkey to insult black people is a solely American concept???

:dahell::dahell::dahell:

As someone who has lived in 3 continents.... I can sure assure calling a black person a monkey is a global insult :francis:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I wouldn't see much in it if he just happen to say it. Would have still been a poor cho.ice of words but at least then it could be viewed more innocently

What raises my spidey sense is the hesitation before he said it, as if something in his mind said oh that could be a little racist but out of ego he said fukk it and said it anyway. White racist always say slick shyt to see who catches it and who if they can get away with it.

And as others have stated racism is has never been only isolated to the u.s in Australia they have been committing genocide on the black aborigines in west papau brining in the Philippine military to literally exterminate those blacks who have been given Denationalization when it's been proven they have been in that land before any whites or Asians for at least 70k years. If Adams is from there he knows exactly what racism looks like and how it compares here in america.

He did hesitate ... :patrice:

...and they do try to get away with lil sneak shyt. .. :usure:

But fresh off a game ... with him hesitating especially I'd like to think it is because he was trying to think of the most fitting animal to liken them to based on their style of play...

If it were me I woulda called them squirrels or gazelles .... but that's just me.

But if he hesitated to think about the repercussions and still said it... :camby:

Matter fact , I woulda called them squirrels because hardly anyone cares about squirrels although I try to avoid running over them .

:manny:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
Cant say shyt in America without offended somebody

Steven Adams: They're quick little monkeys.....(describing their athletisim

AA: OMG.. IM NOT A FAN OF OKC ANYMORE

Larry Wilmore calls Obama a nikka in a room full of white people

AA: haha, he's such a funny guy:myman:

Can't really get anymore backwards than that

Last edited:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
HOL UP..... You guys honestly believe that using the term monkey to insult black people is a solely American concept???

As someone who has lived in 3 continents.... I can sure assure calling a black person a monkey is a global insult :francis:

True..

its about context tho

He was describing their athletic ability.. Not tryna degrade them

I don't understand how people cant understand the difference

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Breh I travel all over the world for work and trust these foreigners ain't dumb when it comes to insults and racial shyt. I have had to check a few folks over the years during my travel overseas.

Edit- I hope y'all kats know that the team PR folks go over with American and foreign players on what to say and what not to us when conducting interviews. They even go over this with folks who travel overseas for work so they don't insult folks. Even when American players go overseas to play they are talked to about watching what they say in that country.

Last edited: