OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Damn. Reaching at it's greatest level.

As has already been stated, it's a playful term here in Aotearoa (New Zealand). Any damn reason to get in an uproar about.

Adams ain't no CAC either. He's polynesian. Talk to any white person here and we damn sure aren't counted as one of theirs.
Call maori/Polynesian "cacs" brehs

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: Was he in the league when D cuz refused to wear that Chinese year of the monkey shirt during black history month? If so, then I guarantee he's been around black players discussing how this could be offensive.

Maybe he's dumb as a brick:manny:
Or maybe it was a Frediuan slip:mjpls:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Whether he knew it or not. He should have known not to say no shyt like that. He's in America now with plenty of black people paying his paycheck.

He already apologized, but I'd like to see full dialog on why that shyt was wrong to say, so other people won't make the mistake again.

Except, if you weren't completely illiterate and looking for something to complain about, then you would realize how he was using the word. He didn't need to come out and say shyt, and he sure as hell doesn't need to give a full dialogue so he doesn't hurt your feelings.:mjlol:. Keep being illiterate and looking to play victim.

This was right after the game, in the moment, and said something that every sensible person would not be offended by, no matter the race. Use your brain instead of crying about absolutely nothing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except, if you weren't completely illiterate and looking for something to complain about, then you would realize how he was using the word. He didn't need to come out and say shyt, and he sure as hell doesn't need to give a full dialogue so he doesn't hurt your feelings.:mjlol:. Keep being illiterate and looking to play victim.

This was right after the game, in the moment, and said something that every sensible person would not be offended by, no matter the race. Use your brain instead of crying about absolutely nothing.
So instead of using the moment to educate the uneducated.

You'd like to use it to randomly insult me:francis:

You black breh? From America?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
So instead of using the moment to educate the uneducated.

You'd like to use it to randomly insult me:francis:

You black breh?

He was CLEARLY using it in a way to describe quickness, not the color of their skin.

It's a simple yes or no. Was that how you believe he was using the word?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He was CLEARLY using it in a way to describe quickness, not the color of their skin.

It's a simple yes or no. Was that how you believe he was using the word?
It doesn't matter how he was using it.

It was a poor choice of words due to the history of the country he is in. Wouldn't be right for me to go elsewhere and use American slang if it is offensive to the people where I'm at.

All I said was that we should talk about it so he and others fully understand the issue.

You decided to attack me.

Same thing happens to black people all the time in this country. We are unalowed to air out grievances. We are supposed to take everything in stride, laugh it off, and keep our mouths shut. Otherwise we are viscouslly attacked.

I'd expect your behavior from a cac or a foreigner, but if you are a black American :scust: at you.

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
Defend a non-black player calling black players "little monkeys" on national TV because he plays for your team brehs. Defend "little monkeys" as a playful term brehs.

:scusthov:

klay thompson and Steph are white as hell.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
It doesn't matter how he was using it.

It was a poor choice of words due to the history of the country he is in. Wouldn't be right for me to go elsewhere and use American slang if it is offensive to the people where I'm at.

All I said was that we should talk about it so he and others fully understand the issue.

You decided to attack me.

Same thing happens to black people all the time in this country. We are unalowed to air out grievances. We are supposed to take everything in stride, laugh it off, and keep our mouths shut. Otherwise we are viscouslly attacked.

I'd expect your behavior from a cac or a foreigner, but if you are a black American :scust: at you.

Context DOES matter, and just because you don't think it does, it doesn't make you correct here. Context means everything, and it's clear as day how he meant it. You are reaching to have a reason to complain, period. It would be different if he used it ib a racist manner, but he was very clearlt using it to describe quickness. You just want to have a reason to complain and play victim. You aren't alone, but that's the truth. There was nothing wrong with his statement or choice of words.

C-O-N-T-E-X-T.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Context DOES matter, and just because you don't think it does, it doesn't make you correct here. Context means everything, and it's clear as day how he meant it. You are reaching to have a reason to complain, period. It would be different if he used it ib a racist manner, but he was very clearlt using it to describe quickness. You just want to have a reason to complain and play victim. You aren't alone, but that's the truth. There was nothing wrong with his statement or choice of words.

C-O-N-T-E-X-T.
There are hundreds of years of CONTEXT attached to the word.

This is why dialog is important. You are clearly ignorant on the issue as well.

Like the word Cool can be considered an ethnic slur in China. No matter my intent I shouldn't be running around China calling people Cool.

It's called respect for the culture that has accepted you. There's nothing wrong with black people demanding respect from people we have accepted into our Country/Culture.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Context:pacspit:
c00ns and cacs in here like
giphy.gif