OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lol. I cant believe some of you guys are caping for this dude. He called them monkeys brehs. Wtf?!

Now people are trying to justify it by saying its slang. What you gonna say when you find out it originates from the whites calling the native new zealanders and aborigines monkeys?
his mom is Tongan.....

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
ur a c00n if u root for OKC rest of the series

Isnt he from Australia or New Zealand or something like that? HE probably didnt know the significance of referring to a black person as a monkey in the United States. :yeshrug:

It's simple, brehs. The United states has way too many different racist nuances for everyone t keep up with . Not saying other countries dont have them. Just not the same as here. I moved to the U.S. in my mid teens and ive been here almost 20 years and still struggle to know all the sh!t that is "supposed to be offensive" to a black person .
  • Like i tell people i honestly didnt know about the water-melon thing until last year when my boy told me about it while i was eating water mellon
  • I didnt know about the fried chicken thing until Junior Seau's comment (probably around 2004) about Ladianian Tomlinson when we (Dolphins) signed Seau and the Chargers were coming to town
  • Recently (last 5 years or so) found out that black people arent supposed to be good swimmers for whatever reason
  • Many more
It's like everything here is a "thing" in a racial context. It's hard to keep up with all the sh!t. Imnot saying let it slide but you have to understand from a foreign perspective people may not know

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They callin this dude indigenous and shyt as if he cant pass for a white dude :dead:

Anyone caping for this cac :ufdup::pacspit:
Yup. Dude is blatantly playing stupid just because Steven Adams plays on his favorite team and shyt. Talking about some technically he's a person of color, especially considering the insult is specifically meant towards Blacks anyway (not "people of color").

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:deadmanny:

This makes no sense whatsoever

Can you explain how racist intent does not matter ?
LOL, we're supposed to just take his word that there's no racist intent though. That's my issue. The guy who said the racist comments says there was no racial intent, and that's good enough for you jokers.

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
If this saying wasn't actually an established and well-documented saying already in existence (in New Zealand), I'd be the first one pissed off since I've liked him as a player since we drafted him.
But there is.

In New Zealand, there is NO racial connotation whatsoever with this saying, EVEN THOUGH you can bet Russ & Co. shut this down and schooled him real quick
p9tjanD.gif

He apologized not because he did anything wrong, but rather for any offense he may have caused PoC (which he is one of) in his ignorance......

believe me, I have plenty of outrage reserved for the REAL racism where it actually is occurring.
/thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If I go on TV and call you a fakkit.

Doesn't really matter whether I hate gays, I shouldn't have said the shyt period.

Intent does matter though, as does context. In what context are you gonna go on TV and call someone a fakkit while NOT trying to be offensive? Even if you don't hate gays you were clearly intending to offend someone. shyt a gay man will call you a fakkit if he's trying to get under your skin.

I don't think he was trying to offend black people en-mass by comparing guards (not specific players I mind you) in the NBA to monkeys. I'm not gonna tell people how they should or shouldn't react but saying that context isn't a factor is ridiculous IMO. There is much less margin for contextual error, if ANY in the example you used :laugh:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Millennials love to be outraged and offended by every fukking thing :mjlol:

"Context doesn't matter!!" :what:Do you realize How fukkin stupid you sound

How about you critically think for a second rather then go to your favorite pastime which is to be offended.

I seriously doubt he's gonna say something publicly like that if he knew what it meant knowing what the repercussions are in today's day and age where anything can get you in trouble

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL, we're supposed to just take his word that there's no racist intent though. That's my issue. The guy who said the racist comments says there was no racial intent, and that's good enough for you jokers.

People are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since he's a foreigner and has never said any thing that may be construed as racist before this. If he literally said the n-word, no one would be defending him but he used a description that has racist connotations in America but doesn't have one in New Zealand. Normal people would end it right there but you people are fukking reaching like no tomorrow as if he called a player an n word to their face. Jesus..