OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I don't know why you're arguing against me..when this is exact thing I've been saying.... that he was unaware of the cultural significance of the term monkey.

How y'all could think otherwise is ignorant to say the least...

Its the same when Cousins was offered by the Chinese New Year:mjlol:.
I said your analogy was trash

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
I said your analogy was trash

No its not.. how a black man can call the president a nikka and that be okay... But get offened Steve Adams not knowingly calling someone monkey to describe their speed is nonsensical..

This whole story is bunch of misplaced outrage..

Bottom line the premise of this thread that Steven Adams intended to offend and that your a c00n if you route for him is ignorant..

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
No its not.. how a black man can call the president a nikka and that be okay... But get offened Steve Adams not knowingly calling someone monkey to describe their speed is nonsensical..

Bottom line the premise of this thread that Steven Adams intended to offend and that your a c00n if you route for him is ignorant..

It wasn't okay with us and how would you know if it's okay with us? Don't assume white liberalism and black nationalism are equal, the shyt you see on tv doesn't reflect the realities of the black community.

Like this, we cannot control any outrage, white liberals will silence and this and attempt to speak for blacks.

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
It wasn't okay with us and how would you know if it's okay with us? Don't assume white liberalism and black nationalism are equal, the shyt you see on tv doesn't reflect the realities of the black community.

Like this, we cannot control any outrage, white liberals will silence and this and attempt to speak for blacks.

I see a AA man on TV call the president a nikka.. Imma assume its okay with AA people bc

1) Again the speaker is AA

2) Where was the outrage or demand for an apology if it wasn't okay??

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
He is from another country is a questionable excuse just like I was only joking and they are old and from a different time. Racism and hating black people has been around for a long time all over the world. You can be joking and still anger and offend people. You can be old and from a different time but that only means you were evil and racist when you were young and you are evil and racist as a senior citizen. Some people from that time of all races were fighting to end discrimination. Sergio Garcia made a racist fried chicken comment about Tiger Woods and people tried to write it off as he is from a different country. They have soccer matches where the same racial slurs are yelled as in this country and plush gorillas and bananas are thrown on the field at black players.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
They're Americans and by far aware by their years here what the connotstions bore. But context isn't allowed here is it?
You want context there's home movies of Cosell calling his own children and grandchildren little monkeys along with white athletes his firing had much to do about the politics at ABC Sports than it was him saying monkey.

Billy Packer ment to call Iverson a little monkey because Billy Packer loved to throw out those code words about black players while giving white players the team oriented words, he knew he went too far so he quickly apologized to save his job.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall keep saying he's foreign he described them based on how he sees them monkeys.

Plain and simple. The only animal associated with quickness everyone knows are cheetahs. So why use monkeys..... I doubt an African, carribean would have said monkey. Lol white people.

Or even in other sports you never hear white people calling each other monkeys. Dude is white and ignorant what's new? Lol

:dwillhuh:

:ohhh:

:mjlol:

:camby:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Funny how when it's something perceived as a slight to blacks, folks want black people to get over it. But Jewish folks jump on any iota of perceived disrespect instantly, and you rarely hear a word about anyone making a mountain out of a molehill. :mjpls:

...and according to some of y'all only one of the splash brothers is black... and that one's blackness is like a queen of spades possible on thecoli.com. So if it's a slight, I guess it's not a full slight.

I'll wait. :sas2:
worst post in the thread. Sit down.......

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

He called another black man a niqqa after speaking on his the said mans blackness as President meant to people.

Again....your willfully obtuse whiteness refuses to ingest that because you want to leave here remain as stubborn you came in as.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk Steven Adams and fukk talking about race I'm sick of that shyt we know the deal.

Adams is a basketball player he's not important.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

Reach.

I had this african dude call me a monkey cuz I was locking his ass up on Defense in basketball.

I was sending his shyt.

He didn't understand that his shot started at his stomach so I would just jump everytime and wait for that shot to form.

Poor guy.

To me it's a compliment .

Long arms + hops + energy + speed = monkey

Nah breh cant condone this :dame: