Oh they WILDIN on BET+

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Acting looks horrible but I can see why the show resonates with people. Wasn’t really how my parents were but I know plenty of people whose parents were. It’s toxic for sure but I don’t think the premise of the show is to say that isn’t toxic.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The whole season is on there now? Or is it week to week?

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Watched the whole season just now.

I actually laughed way more than I expected to. Certainly not the best show but I overall fukks with it.

Also, the oldest daughter is thicker than I originally thought. I hope Ms. Inge had other commitments because she definitely deserved more screen time. :ohlawd:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I hate when shows have black folks glorifying whoopings, but this is a case where I can see why they did it. I don't believe in whooping kids, but I believe in checking your child when they become teenagers and think they can talk to you like they're grown.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really liked this show and got the humor. Reminds me of my aunts and uncles. And damn her oldest daughter was the thickest chick I’ve seen on tv. Even thicker than Omar goodings wife in family time.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I hate when shows have black folks glorifying whoopings, but this is a case where I can see why they did it. I don't believe in whooping kids, but I believe in checking your child when they become teenagers and think they can talk to you like they're grown.

I don’t know…. I disagree.

I actually feel like kids should get whoppings.

I think it’s weak this society is against it and that’s half the reasons kids don’t have fukking respect cuz they ain’t getting touched up.

I ain’t saying about them like punch or hit them with shyt like phones or something that can do legit serious harm.

But I grew up in the 80s…… we all caught ass whooping from our parents and I think it made us better people

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
How many kids you got?

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Gonna give it a watch.

I think because we've dealt with the worst stereotypes in TV/Film for years there's a tendency now for Black writers to overcompensate and only show the best and brightest of Black folks and they end up feeling like symbols rather than real people. There are ways to create authentic non-PC characters while making them nuanced and interesting. I have no idea if this show fits that mold but I'll give it a chance.

this is almost a thread of its own. It's something that I would say is a fairly unique problem to black creators, where anytime you're storytelling you have to be conscious of everything that's come before you. It's deep. (Others group can just "write/create". For us, it's somewhat complex.)

at bolded, that's definitely facts.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don’t know…. I disagree.

I actually feel like kids should get whoppings.

I think it’s weak this society is against it and that’s half the reasons kids don’t have fukking respect cuz they ain’t getting touched up.

I ain’t saying about them like punch or hit them with shyt like phones or something that can do legit serious harm.

But I grew up in the 80s…… we all caught ass whooping from our parents and I think it made us better people
That logic never made sense to me because how often did you get whoopings? If you got a lot of whoopings as a kid then all it did was make you act right in the moment, but you went back to being a badass later on in the week. A lot of kids just aged out of whoopings and got threated with being kicked out since they were almost an adult. I would never tell someone else how to raise their kids because that's not anyone else's job, I'm just saying what I wouldn't do. What really needs to be discussed is are you whooping them to make them into better kids or out of frustration?