Official #YSLTheLabel Trial Thread: Update - YSL Continues to make spectacles of themselves in court

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thugga was a viable, successful rap artist for at least 7-8 years. Show money, album sales, advances. He didn't have to be in the street for money reasons, it's just what guys like him do. Not really different than Suge or MOB in the 1990's, which would have likely been indicted had federal prosecutors been as on it as they are now.

I don't rappers were on fed cases until the late 2000's. Someone should list them.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Thug’s been a major player in the game buddy. Lifestyle, Stoner, Check, Halftime, Pull Up The Kid… those weren’t local Atlanta hits either

thug the last artist to you want to use record sales as a measure of success.

2/4 aren’t even his songs.

Everything gets a plaque in streaming nowadays.

It went gold after 10 years due to streaming :mjlol:

He has no solo HITS. Gunna and Lil Baby lapped him.

nikka what

Best Friend
2 Cups Stuffed
Givenchy
Blanguage
Power
With That
Danny Glover

the list goes on and on

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Stoner went Gold
Hookah went platinum
Check went platinum
Pick Up the Phone went platinum

I could keep going, but I'm not going to argue with you.
Artists make most their money off touring and merchandise, the 16k first week was good for a kii but the drawbacks are more relevant to the label than the artist.
The singles were always successful regardless which is the new barometer in this era.

Besides that, Thug was doing 300k shows in other countries before 2019.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Crazy about the birth of RICO:

The guy that made it back in the 70's liked a mob movie from the 30's called Caesar and there was a charismatic gangster in it called Rico. He hinted at naming RICO after that character.

The law sat around for 10 years while it's creator tried to convince the Feds and local districts of its ability. Nobody wanted to use it because it was new and they were worried about whether or not it was constitutional or if you could actually use it to build giant sweeping cases.

He toured universities and conventions doing lectures about it to prosecutors, lawyers, and law enforcement groups. Finally in the late 70's some feds got into it and tested its feasibility, then Giuliani brought the architect of RICO in to help him build a case against the Commission/5 Families.

It's been a favorite of theirs since.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That Havana song with Camilla Cabello is from, what 2017? 2019? That alone made him a lot of money.

That was the start of super mainstream appeal and hits for Thug. That was a big fukking look, he said his mom or aunt had to convince him to do the song

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Stoner went Gold
Hookah went platinum
Check went platinum
Pick Up the Phone went platinum

I could keep going, but I'm not going to argue with you.
Block that clown and keep it moving fam, he rode the SHORT short bus to school. Ive had that fukkboi on ignore for damn near 5 yrs now :lolbron: