Official #YSLTheLabel Trial Thread: Update - YSL Continues to make spectacles of themselves in court

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I been thinking about something.....Gucci Mane has bad luck signing these heads. Bad enough that Takeoff died, but the Trap Subgenre are taking massive hits with all these rappers going to jail, doing football numbers. With all of them dead, in jail, or in probation for many years to come, whats gonna happen to Trap in a few years? :lupe:

Its unfortunate and downright DEPRESSING to say that there’s always a new generation of young, aggressive, easily led kids to “take over” for the deceased and jailed when it comes to the negative aspects of Hip Hop culture. i don’t see Trap fading away anytime soon. As long as there’s money to be made, women to be smashed, and clout to be gained, nikkas will keep lining up for the inevitable

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Gucci Mane started that "real nikka" shyt thinking that an actual criminal or killer can make better music than people that actually worked hard on quality music and skill level. Young Thug was signed because he did dirt and a replacement for Lil Wayne by Birdman.

If you think :gucci: started anything, you rode the SHORT short bus to school

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been thinking about something.....Gucci Mane has bad luck signing these heads. Bad enough that Takeoff died, but the Trap Subgenre are taking massive hits with all these rappers going to jail, doing football numbers. With all of them dead, in jail, or in probation for many years to come, whats gonna happen to Trap in a few years? :lupe:

There’s a lot of Memphis artists that make trap booming and bubbling. Trap isn’t going anywhere

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If you think :gucci: started anything, you rode the SHORT short bus to school

But he did flood the Trap genre with "real nikkas" that did a ton of dirt before they got signed and made music.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Communities need to be safe
But society is set up so that most Black men's options are work minimum wage jobs, get lucky enough to make it big in entertainment or do illegal activity

It's sad

Media loves these dudes because of who they are even and then will make money off them when they fry looking at Akademiks and NoJumper

But it's been happening before them
You telling me that all the black men you know are just doing minimum wage jobs, entertainment jobs, or illegal jobs. :dahell:
Most people I know doing legit shyt. Mad different options of what you do while you’re here and people are doing it. Not all desolate shyt.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You telling me that all the black men you know are just doing minimum wage jobs, entertainment jobs, or illegal jobs. :dahell:
Most people I know doing legit shyt. Mad different options of what you do while you’re here and people are doing it. Not all desolate shyt.
Most white ppl are not well right now
So most Black people are doing even worse

I don't care about your anecdotal evidence

If you act shocked by that statement, you're just an idiot

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Bro you sound like you can’t comprehend people being around poverty in this country, which is built on poverty.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
There's also a reason you only see certain types of Black men in corporate settings
you see certain types of people period in corporate settings.

you have Phil Ivey in your avi...
...he is built like a poker player.

just how a corporate person is built like a corporate person.

you have to become what you want to be...
...the world isnt going to bend to you.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
you see certain types of people period in corporate settings.

you have Phil Ivey in your avi...
...he is built like a poker player.

just how a corporate person is built like a corporate person.

you have to become what you want to be...
...the world isnt going to bend to you.

And people like you believe that nothing can change for the better, and just talk down to people (if) you make it, right? :stopitslime:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Most white ppl are not well right now
So most Black people are doing even worse

I don't care about your anecdotal evidence

If you act shocked by that statement, you're just an idiot

Bro you sound like you can’t comprehend people being around poverty in this country, which is built on poverty.
So y’all make minimum wage, just entertain, or do illegal shyt? :patrice: :hubie: I grew up with people singing that same song that we could only be successful by playing ball or being in the streets. Fortunately I found out that is false as fukk. Those aren’t the only ways. You can do other shyt with your life. You don’t have to be limited like that. There’s a bigger vision and bigger world. Sure the shyt ain’t always easy and there’s bumps you gotta ride through and obstacles you gotta overcome but we’re more and there’s more.