Official Young Thug, YSL RICO Trial — GA v. Jeffery Williams, et al Thread

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Most definitely... I agree...I just see it as a demonizing for that same reason...since they could get the same results/verdict off gang signs,pictures, tattoos, etc. But the lyrics get the media, put the target on rap and like you said... Falls into thoee vague descriptions that are pitfalls of the RICO
I’m not attuned to which specific lyrics the prosecutors are focusing on, as I have watched samples of the Defense’s inquiries (Young Truly Humble Under God’s Overly Positive Pals wear Yves Saint Laurent skinny jeans, since the names Young Stoner Life and Young Slime Life aren’t the *real* meanings of the acronyms)

but Thug’s many many many references and invocations of his Blood membership, leadership in his music should be an added element of “proof” that he is representing through self-expression, that he and his *G(entlemen) A(bove) N(asty) G(erms) are telegraphing violence and weapons (+promoting the gang and gang related activities-violence, murder, etc).

Let me go -pull up on my Overly Positive Pal, need to Push some Positivity!

still EASILY the best one. :mjlol:
wait no props for Overly Positive Pal? :picard:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not sure about ATL state/county jail, but it's common for people on the same indictment to be in the same area together. And inmates do get to pick their own cellmates a lot of the time.

My boys were all in MCC feds together, everyone in there was on indictments and their co defendants were right there with them.

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
This trial shows me Thug not a big artist like I thought

tekashi shyt got more coverage and attention
I had to Google this bcuz I was feeling the same way

YT is a big artist tho

29.8m monthly Spotify listeners
He been on the billboard like 100 times
Has platinum plaques
Songs with like 75% of this generations top artists

Tekashi might’ve been the first rapper to actually stand on snitching. Like in court pointing fingers and shyt. If you were a hip hop fan and never heard tekashi’s music, you still knew who he was. Tekashi was the most hated I’ve seen in hip hop. Not saying one is/was bigger than the other. I just wanted to mention that.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
This trial shows me Thug not a big artist like I thought

tekashi shyt got more coverage and attention

69's career trajectory was crazy with all his antics. He was must see TV even before he got arrested so all eyes were on him already. He did that Breakfast Club interview right before he got picked up too. Young Thug is an established artist with 10 years in before the arrest but he wasn't the talk of the town like 69 was.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I had to Google this bcuz I was feeling the same way

YT is a big artist tho

29.8m monthly Spotify listeners
He been on the billboard like 100 times
Has platinum plaques
Songs with like 75% of this generations top artists

Tekashi might’ve been the first rapper to actually stand on snitching. Like in court pointing fingers and shyt. If you were a hip hop fan and never heard tekashi’s music, you still knew who he was. Tekashi was the most hated I’ve seen in hip hop. Not saying one is/was bigger than the other. I just wanted to mention that.
He has zero solo hits. He’s more of a niche artist.

His first five albums flopped hard.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
How smooth does anyone expect these guys to be? They are beyond burned out on the streets, and then in jail, just beaten down mentally and physically. That dude is a mess. But, I wouldn't expect different. They are also editing those clips really hard to get punchlines, or whatever.

A lot of those guys are like that. People expect like some kind of debonair criminal. The guy doesn't have a high school eduation. He's been running the streets and probably drugged out for like 15 years.

There's a lot of interesting classism in the social media coverage.