Official Young Thug, YSL RICO Trial — GA v. Jeffery Williams, et al Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The whole framing of the "lyrics" conversation is inaccurate and reductive

No one is "getting charged" for lyrics. The lyrics are being used in specific instances to strengthen specific allegations, of racketeering, murder, gang allegations.

You aren't being charged for lyrics, they are used to support the felony charges. There's no felony charges for lyrics.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The whole framing of the "lyrics" conversation is inaccurate and reductive

No one is "getting charged" for lyrics. The lyrics are being used in specific instances to strengthen specific allegations, of racketeering, murder, gang allegations.

You aren't being charged for lyrics, they are used to support the felony charges. There's no felony charges for lyrics.
Exactly but the internet is too dumb to realize this. They only get their news from IG posts.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
2d38aee654e27f4bff383c9be7633c07.993x1000x1.jpg
Lmao

Edub

Veteran
Daps

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
whats the original source of this pic? what was the context? them nikkas look extra disappointed in whatever Meek is saying in there. They couldn't hide if they tried :picard:
That was the Roc Nation brunch from a few years ago. Yo Gotti look like he about to slap the shyt out this nikka Meek

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
To add further context, the prosecutors could drop all the lyric evidence entirely, and still put up guilty verdicts. All the lyrics add is more evidence of gang affiliation and the specific violent acts, plus promotion of a street gang/racketeering.

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
To add further context, the prosecutors could drop all the lyric evidence entirely, and still put up guilty verdicts. All the lyrics add is more evidence of gang affiliation and the specific violent acts, plus promotion of a street gang/racketeering.
Most definitely... I agree...I just see it as a demonizing for that same reason...since they could get the same results/verdict off gang signs,pictures, tattoos, etc. But the lyrics get the media, put the target on rap and like you said... Falls into thoee vague descriptions that are pitfalls of the RICO

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Most definitely... I agree...I just see it as a demonizing for that same reason...since they could get the same results/verdict off gang signs,pictures, tattoos, etc. But the lyrics get the media, put the target on rap and like you said... Falls into thoee vague descriptions that are pitfalls of the RICO

There is some prosecutorial overreach for sure. But, from their perspective, aside from any media attention or whatever, I think the sheer audacity of Thugga's conduct just really bothers them, and what that represents, like his influence on the youth, on rap, on the city. A rapper, an artist, who broke through, is on SNL, who is worth "tens of millions", and actually is rapping about the violence that is impacting the city. He's directing and rapping directly about murders. I think the whole thing like BMF, and the billboards is them spitting in the cities face.

and the social media posts. Fani Wilis said something like mass shooters leave manifestos, what's so different about gang's leaving social media posts and rap lyrics? It's not ever lyrics, and it's not every song, it's specific ones. But, should they have trimmed it down, and cut out some of the lyrics, yeah I think so.

shakobe

All Star
Daps
There is some prosecutorial overreach for sure. But, from their perspective, aside from any media attention or whatever, I think the sheer audacity of Thugga's conduct just really bothers them, and what that represents, like his influence on the youth, on rap, on the city. A rapper, an artist, who broke through, is on SNL, who is worth "tens of millions", and actually is rapping about the violence that is impacting the city. He's directing and rapping directly about murders. I think the whole thing like BMF, and the billboards is them spitting in the cities face.

and the social media posts. Fani Wilis said something like mass shooters leave manifestos, what's so different about gang's leaving social media posts and rap lyrics? It's not ever lyrics, and it's not every song, it's specific ones. But, should they have trimmed it down, and cut out some of the lyrics, yeah I think so.
They have no evidence shut yo cracka ass up