Official Young Justice Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
both are great in their own ways.

Which is where I fall at. I like them both for different reasons. Both great shows. My preference is JLU tho but that doesn't mean this show isn't great either. Just like if I had to pick any show, spectacular spider-man is first (also another Greg Weisman show) but that doesn't mean I don't love anything else or have room for anything else

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Because as batman said, those monsters? Sometimes they step on the little guy
yeah but they literally have like 40+ guys there, not like just the standard 10 or so. They really dont need him, it's all ego. Green Arrow is best served helping smaller crimes which hurts them more.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Y'all going to stop all that JL/JLU slander gotdammnit without them we get no Young Justice.:ufdup: Ther both amazing in what they did and did in fact connect aaallll the way back to batman tas/superman tas with Lexiac going ham on nikkas. Then all this leading up to the gawd with a new form "The streets will run red with the blood of billions, the sky will be filled with fire...now Superman....let's go!":demonic:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah but they literally have like 40+ guys there, not like just the standard 10 or so. They really dont need him, it's all ego. Green Arrow is best served helping smaller crimes which hurts them more.

Not exactly. They have 40 plus people but as batman said, green arrow specifically has a certain type of outlook and conscience that batman wanted on the team specifically. to keep them in check, to make sure they're always looking out for the little guy and of course as a character, which is the first way to always think about this shyt, he was a key voice in the show as his voice wasn't there before and it managed to make the political allusions and allegories the show made that much stronger

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
the main problem was JL was a bunch of episodes. it wasnt until Unlimited and the Cadmus Arc they started planning a season long plot..

Greg has always done that with his work as well as ceratign a worls and hostory .. (his current YJ timeline is over 250 pages)

I like one-off comic issues so the plot-per-episode thing doesn't bother me. But yea that's why i said JLU and not JL.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A lot of JL slander going around here. There would be no JLU without the original JL. But the series definitely found its mojo once JLU started without a doubt.

And those self-contained arcs from JL were dope. And when they did a standalone one like the christmas episode, that was all great character stuff. And then of course the invasion arc to end the series was phenomenal

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
And those self-contained arcs from JL were dope. And when they did a standalone one like the christmas episode, that was all great character stuff. And then of course the invasion arc to end the series was phenomenal
My favorite might have been the take on Death of Superman where Toyman actually transported him to the future to a meet a reformed Vandal Savage who "won" and was the last person on earth. The character beats dealing with a world without Superman were pretty good.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My favorite might have been the take on Death of Superman where Toyman actually transported him to the future to a meet a reformed Vandal Savage who "won" and was the last person on earth. The character beats dealing with a world without Superman were pretty good.
That ep was hilarious...especially after Supes and him fight, he nonchalantly asks him if he wants to have lunch
Funniest shyt was when Lobo showed up and Wonder Woman said he's no superman and homie hit her with the :takedat: that's not what the ladies say :umad:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Just finished by binge last night.. last 2 episodes are epic.. the AquaLad reveal .. the fact teh team was there ... all that... down to Wally .. sheds a tear

the main problem was JL was a bunch of episodes. it wasnt until Unlimited and the Cadmus Arc they started planning a season long plot..

Greg has always done that with his work as well as ceratign a worls and hostory .. (his current YJ timeline is over 250 pages)
I think one of the best things about Young Justice is that every episode felt like something important was happening. Even the filler episodes felt significant - I think the only season 2 ep over the top of my head that could be described as filler would be Cornered, where Despero attacked the team - but even then, the Hall of Justice was destroyed and the world found out about the Watchtower. Like you said, JL did a lot of arc welding in retrospect, whereas in YJ, everything seems deliberately plotted from the beginning.

That's not a knock on JL though :whoa: even though my uncle is very much of the opinion that YJ is the best comic book animated show of all time