Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show took place tail end of '90, into early '91. Chronic was '92, Doggystyle '93. At this point in time, NWA was shattered, Cube was on the East Coast, Ice T wasn't at his peak, and Pac just starting. The WC resurgence doesn't really start until Doggystyle
nikkaz4life dropped in 91.. You are a fukking fool..

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
nikkaz4life dropped in 91.. You are a fukking fool..

Cube ain't on that. And Dre left NWA that year. That ish had like 1 video & 2 singles. That abum did not make much noise....not over here it didn't. The only thing I even remember that album is the C Deloris Tucker ish.

NWA's run ended with the EP. If you think NWA was as big as Naughty, Tribe, Chubb Rock, De La, Cube, PE in '91, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cube ain't on that. And Dre left NWA that year. That ish had like 1 video & 2 singles. That abum did not make much noise....not over here it didn't. The only thing I even remember that album is the C Deloris Tucker ish.

NWA's run ended with the EP. If you think NWA was as big as Naughty, Tribe, Chubb Rock, De La, Cube, PE in '91, then I don't know what to tell you.
Numbers don't lie check the scoreboard. nikka said Chubb rock.. you a mother fukking fool

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Numbers don't lie check the scoreboard. nikka said Chubb rock.. you a mother fukking fool

He's right tho

13 year old white boys were still buying NWA's records but they weren't a factor in 1991 at all

and Chubb Rock was killing it in 1991 wtf are you talking about

I doubt you were even around back then sounds like you just going off Wikipedia

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

That movie really have y'all thinking their run was longer than it was. NWA's legacy is in their spawns - Cube as a solo (which was fukk NWA), Dre (Death Row) also fukk NWA, Bone etc. Yes, they hit the ground hard, but fumbled too early. Now if Cube stayed, then it's a different discussion.

Oh yeah, in addition to Chubb Rock, forgot to mention Hev. If you weren't there, you can't really speak on it.

But the reason for this, was that the original poster I responded to, hip-hop was mostly light hearted at this time. There was party music, jazz-influenced, pro-black, but a lot of it was laid back. So it would make sense that the label would do a video like that for Bobby, because this is what was happening.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That movie really have y'all thinking their run was longer than it was. NWA's legacy is in their spawns - Cube as a solo (which was fukk NWA), Dre (Death Row) also fukk NWA, Bone etc. Yes, they hit the ground hard, but fumbled too early. Now if Cube stayed, then it's a different discussion.

Oh yeah, in addition to Chubb Rock, forgot to mention Hev. If you weren't there, you can't really speak on it.

But the reason for this, was that the original poster I responded to, hip-hop was mostly light hearted at this time. There was party music, jazz-influenced, pro-black, but a lot of it was laid back. So it would make sense that the label would do a video like that for Bobby, because this is what was happening.
nikka... You talking a movie I'm talking real life. nikkaZ4Life outsold every act you named. nikkaz didn't care cube left because people had love for Eazy and Dre.. Chubb Rock had treat you right but that album was garbage. West had the game on smash..

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This show took place tail end of '90, into early '91. Chronic was '92, Doggystyle '93. At this point in time, NWA was shattered, Cube was on the East Coast, Ice T wasn't at his peak, and Pac just starting. The WC resurgence doesn't really start until Doggystyle

Also kats not taking into account that back then a lot of rap was really regional. You had certain acts that only sold in one region. But folks in another region didn't even mess with them.

Also as an artist selling 200k or 300k albums didn't mean that a label would throw you away. They actually let artist grow on some organic shyt then. It was nothing then for an artist to not go gold but still the label would put out a couple of albums from them.

Finally rap was far more diverse than now. You had gangsta rap, party rap, positive / conscious rap, family friendly rap and pop rap.

• Dap
Reactions: Mtt
Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
Binged this joint in less than a week and loved it.

Was a lot of info I didn’t know. Like I was aware of Ghost and Rae’s beef. But I didn’t know it was that deep.

Just like I knew about Power (and Divine later on after watching the Mics and Men docuseries). But I didn’t know they had problems with each other either.

Very interesting season and I hope it gets renewed for another one if it hasn’t already.

• Dap
Reactions: Mtt

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Binged this joint in less than a week and loved it.

Was a lot of info I didn’t know. Like I was aware of Ghost and Rae’s beef. But I didn’t know it was that deep.

Just like I knew about Power (and Divine later on after watching the Mics and Men docuseries). But I didn’t know they had problems with each other either.

Very interesting season and I hope it gets renewed for another one if it hasn’t already.
We just weird in NYC.
Like in LA and Chicago and them, they got GANGS!
we just be on some "on the fly" shyt. Lol
We have "Street Gangs!"
Like, some a$$hole will be like, "yo we the Silverhawks!"
Be like 10 members armed with slingshots running around!

:deadmanny:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We just weird in NYC.
Like in LA and Chicago and them, they got GANGS!
we just be on some "on the fly" shyt. Lol
We have "Street Gangs!"
Like, some a$$hole will be like, "yo we the Silverhawks!"
Be like 10 members armed with slingshots running around!

How do you think those gangs were formed? We not weird. Our gangs just usually die out after a generation.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
How do you think those gangs were formed? We not weird. Our gangs just usually die out after a generation.
Just dumb shyt.
Remember them kids that would boost Polo clothes??

Like...

Why??