Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very good episode. Why do we have two threads in the Booth and in the Film Room section?

I love this show.

I liked how GZA schooling Treach about Machete.

I liked how Just Ice wanted to beat the shyt out of RZA when he was tried to school him.

latest

Raekwon vs GFK beef had me dying, they always killed it. It's crazy they became best-friend

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Very good episode. Why do we have two threads in the Booth and in the Film Room section?

I love this show.

I liked how Just Ice wanted to beat the shyt out of RZA when he was tried to school him.

latest

RZA vs GFK beef had me dying, they always killed it. It's crazy they became best-friend
@Zero made the point the booth discussion is probably a lot different than the film room discussion. Although a few goings on in here lately have me wondering if he’s right :russ:

he and @Ironman called for a purge about a year or two years ago

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Zero made the point the booth discussion is probably a lot different than the film room discussion. Although a few goings on in here lately have me wondering if he’s right :russ:

What did he say and right about what?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I love this show.

latest

Raekwon vs GFK beef had me dying, they always killed it. It's crazy they became best-friend

What did he say and right about what?

i bought that up weeks ago. i was told they're two different discussions.... but i find myself and i also see others posting the same thing in both

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i bought that up weeks ago. i was told they're two different discussions.... but i find myself and i also see others posting the same thing i both
It’s his way of saying the booth discussions suck compared to ours on most fronts. He’s also discussing the show as a show and not an Easter egg hunt for wu sign posts so he wants to know how it functions as a narrative. Not whether it’s dope because it shows this moment or that moment. And not to put words in his mouth but I think he assumed the booth discussion is probably more of the latter and not the former

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I got all that. You and the other big homie are right. But the thing is, the show needs speak on that. It's the same issue I have with Power right now; you're making your viewers connect dots based on thing that might be happening rather than using the evidence in front of them and you pointing to these things as a writer. Nothing in that episode showed any reason for that scene to happen. Nor did it hint that scene was coming. We're using our knowledge as Wu fans but I can't do that; gotta judge the show for what's in front of me and pretend I know nothing about Wu or at least pretend im not a wu nerd. And if I'm just sitting down in front of the tv and judging that episode for what it is, divorcing myself of most of my wu knowledge, that scene is sloppy as fukk

think of it as a greg weismen show.... clips and images planted early on that we have no clue about or what they mean will show up later..
we can only hope this scene has a call back in a future episode. remember although they have weekly episodes with a beginning , middle and end ... they are also telling a bigger arc

That. Is. Terrible. Writing. Lol. Breh I hear what you and @Ziggiy are saying. I get it. But that shyt is sloppy. When they do it in power I call it out. So if I don’t call it out here I’d be a hypocrite.

Greg at least would drop hints and show you why a thing was happening. He wouldn’t just drop a scene with no forewarning or no bread crumbs. This scene happened out of nowhere. Nothing that happened in the present indicated the scene was about to happen. Not a damn thing. It wasn’t a thread sewn through the episode either. Greg is better than that lol

i was right.. they did do a call back to the robbery and shooting ghosts crib..

Booby told him its all his fault. Divine said chill and he didnt..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It’s his way of saying the booth discussions suck compared to ours on most fronts. He’s also discussing the show as a show and not an Easter egg hunt for wu sign posts so he wants to know how it functions as a narrative. Not whether it’s dope because it shows this moment or that moment. And not to put words in his mouth but I think he assumed the booth discussion is probably more of the latter and not the former
but thats the thing.. both discussions are doing the same thing... i think he envisioned the booth discussion being about the group and music while the film discussion is about teh show and writing and etc.. but the problem is since its based on true events both discussions are crossed... we're checking the writing to see how true they portray the groups events ... both threads are easter egg hunting, both threads are doing the same thing... i seen people, myself included just copy and past the same comments and post in both

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
from sept 13th .... my birthday .. weird..

Who are the mods?

why there's 2 different threads on this both stickied... booth and film room ???? could it just be one stickied thread for both subforums?

2 different forums and 2 VERY different audiences (:scust:)

I'll catch up with this tonight. Look at all the discussion spawned from each episode that we probably wouldn't get if everything dropped at once :blessed:

Yeah I'm sure the booth is having a completely different discussion than we are

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but thats the thing.. both discussions are doing the same thing... i think he envisioned the booth discussion being about the group and music while the film discussion is about teh show and writing and etc.. but the problem is since its based on true events both discussions are crossed... we're checking the writing to see how true they portray the groups events ... both threads are easter egg hunting, both threads are doing the same thing... i seen people, myself included just copy and past the same comments and post in both
But for me I ain’t going in the booth. It’s separate forums so keep the discussions separate. Just makes sense. And even then I’m not checking the writing to see how it matches up to true events. I’m checking to see if it’s good :russ:

like I said before, I’m pretty sure meth and Rae didn’t do meth vs chef in courtyard. But I’m sure they battled every once in a while. So it’s less about it being true to life and more about how it works for the story its telling

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i was right.. they did do a call back to the robbery and shooting ghosts crib..

Booby told him its all his fault. Divine said chill and he didnt..
And it was still terrible lol. I didn’t say you weren’t right homie. I’m saying that’s not the way to do it. And to do it as a throwaway line in an episode isn’t the move either. I agreed with you in that it would play out that way but that doesn’t make it good writing. Episode needs to work in a vacuum

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But for me I ain’t going in the booth. It’s separate forums so keep the discussions separate. Just makes sense. And even then I’m not checking the writing to see how it matches up to true events. I’m checking to see if it’s good :russ:

like I said before, I’m pretty sure meth and Rae didn’t do meth vs chef in courtyard. But I’m sure they battled every once in a while. So it’s less about it being true to life and more about how it works for the story its telling

i was only suggesting merge them and have them appear in both subforums sticky... but its not just me who had the same thought.. but i post in both and i'll continue..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i was only suggesting merge them and have them appear in both subforums sticky... but its not just me who had the same thought.. but i post in both and i'll continue..

well shyt ask @hex if you and someone else want it enough. I wouldn’t but clearly it’s not my call :hubie:if that’s what you all want then holla at him see what he thinks

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And it was still terrible lol. I didn’t say you weren’t right homie. I’m saying that’s not the way to do it. And to do it as a throwaway line in an episode isn’t the move either. I agreed with you in that it would play out that way but that doesn’t make it good writing. Episode needs to work in a vacuum

Yea.. as a throw away line was wack... they shouldve at least flipped a table or something.. Bobby shouldnt have been around when they met and walked up after... they shouldve swung at each other or shoved or something .. and dennis had a little 22 ?