Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea.. as a throw away line was wack... they shouldve at least flipped a table or something.. Bobby shouldnt have been around when they met and walked up after... they shouldve swung at each other or shoved or something .. and dennis had a little 22 ?
Yeah that’s a big plot point to just throwaway in a line where there’s a lot more important stuff going on. If they were going to treat it that way, should’ve just dealt with it in that episode rather than wait. And there was enough breathing room in that episode to have it dealt with then and there, which would’ve added more context to all of that. Or at least have Power or Rae say in episode 1 “we not letting that dude get away with that shyt” and then connect the dots.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah that’s a big plot point to just throwaway in a line where there’s a lot more important stuff going on. If they were going to treat it that way, should’ve just dealt with it in that episode rather than wait. And there was enough breathing room in that episode to have it dealt with then and there, which would’ve added more context to all of that. Or at least have Power or Rae say in episode 1 “we not letting that dude get away with that shyt” and then connect the dots.

At least rza semi explained it for people who didnt follow.. cause ghost house was shot up ep 1 in present day.. and power's pop store got robbed ep 3 or 4 in the past.. i could see alot of people just watching the show as casuals getting lost in that...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
At least rza semi explained it for people who didnt follow.. cause ghost house was shot up ep 1 in present day.. and power's pop store got robbed ep 3 or 4 in the past.. i could see alot of people just watching the show as casuals getting lost in that...
Yeah and it’s good he did but that shouldn’t be a throwaway. Cause there’s so much going on in that scene in that episode and they’re talking so fast that you need to let that breathe. It needs to be a plot point and stand on its own

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
i think most of us here have gotten passed the actor and are on the story .. and besides RZA hand picked him, he's the showrunner so this is how he wanted to be portrayed so we just gotta let it go

I’m not complaining I like the show and will continue watching
But whenever I see him in something he portrays it exactly the same
This dude doesn’t even seem like he’s acting he’s just reading lines

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

he is a little stiff.... even his breakfast club interview with erika and rza he was stiff... maybe its his personality.. he's uncharismatic ... quiet like nas but its different.. nas' aura speaks for him .. this dudes aura doesn't really say anything.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My boy says the same thing. Likes the show but doesn’t like this cat at all.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
this episode makes me appreciate GZA’s verse on ‘protect ya neck’ even more :wow:

The Wu is too slammin' for these Cold Killin' labels
Some ain't had hits since I seen Aunt Mabel
Be doin' artists in like Cain did Abel
Now they money's gettin' stuck to the gum under the table

That's what you get when you misuse what I invent
Your empire falls and you lose every cent
For tryna blow up a scrub

Now that thought was just as bright as a 20-watt light bulb
Should've pumped it when I rocked it
nikkas so stingy they got short arms and deep pockets
This goes on in some companies
With majors, they're scared to death to pump these
First of all, who's your A&R?
A mountain climber who plays an electric guitar?
But he don't know the meanin' of dope
When he's lookin' for a suit-and-tie rap
That's cleaner than a bar of soap
And I'm the dirtiest thing in sight
Matter of fact, bring out the girls, and let's have a mud fight

now the question is . what scrub Cold Chillin tried to pump instead of pushing his album ...
wasnt Kane ... grand daddy iu dropped in '90 .. but he wasnt a scrub

maybe its diamond shell cause he was Biz's brother

Last edited:

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
he is a little stiff.... even his breakfast club interview with erika and rza he was stiff... maybe its his personality.. he's uncharismatic ... quiet like nas but its different.. nas' aura speaks for him .. this dudes aura doesn't really say anything.

And that’s just it is personality can be stiff but whoever he’s portraying he should be able to capture their mannerisms, charm, cadence, aura etc etc

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He just said the discussion in the booth is probably a whole lot different from the discussion we’re having here re: the show.

And he and @Ironman may have been right about a purge being needed
@Zero and I are the cofounders of Getemouttahere.ent™ We're up and coming but it's definitely becoming official
4BzAvRi_zpsddkeaplc.png

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed: just waiting for that episode when ODB is doing an interview walking on the street bare foot and calling white folks devils....:lolbron:

Or when rides the limo to the welfare check office..:lolbron:

or this classic argument

"fukk Arsenio":dead:

Method man when U-god chimed in :mjtf:
Divine looking at the argument like :datazz:

Chef spaced out ignoring the argument thinking about something else

lol

Last edited: