Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I meant in real life. I didn't know if they had the same mother or same father, I just knew they were brothers. But OH, with Pop Dukes moving Randy there does imply that it's 9th.

i think the show is focusing on Same mother siblings caue that where he lived

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What i pulled from that scene was Bobby digging for a track to sample.. He said he was a producer and the manager said NO... so basically they used the record he wanted but he wasnt allowed to produce it. which gave him the nah.. i wanna produce my own shyt attitude. So he was down with the record and the sample but not with the way it turned out and the way the label wanted him to be on that,

Shotgun and Ghost knew. but it still was a different time. I've been to a "real" studio and recorded and things.. We all talked about it... it was dope.. but that Vinyl pressing was Tommy Boy not Bobby. and he probably didnt wanna tell them after the song was done and the video cause he thought it was wack and not reflective of him.
the one month later was just Bobby being away . they couldve thought he was in Ohio.. then being shocked going to the store and seeing his single... Its very plausible to happen that way .Especially in 1991
I say you’re reaching as fukk lol but ok

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when did RZA started getting heavy into that 5% shyt? The show makes it seem like he's just dabbling. I honestly don't like how they portray him in this. I thought RZA was a wild boy but was talented/smart. Maybe it's the actor that isn't capturing his essence.

In his book he says he was the youngest person to master the 120 lessons at 13.

They change things around for storytelling purposes. My guess is he embraces the teachings when he is facing the attempted murder trial in jail which makes him change his life.

The best cast characters are Divine, Meth and Rae. I don’t think this guy captures RZA.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMFAO that was my EXACT same thought. I'm sitting there thinking they've been writing Bobby to be wack on purpose. If not wack at least not marketable or worth getting signed. I didn't know that Meth was there with GZA and RZA close to getting a deal on his own. I still hate this week to week shyt because I'm loving the show and want to watch it all now.

Also wondering when or if they show Meth slinging on here. Was he lying to that record exec or was he just not dealing yet. Is that something that'll be introduced next season when/if they introduce U-God.

Meth started hustling late according to U-God’s book. I think his mom kicked him out if I’m not mistaken, and Ueey took him under his wing.

One thing to note is all these dudes especially the Park Hill nikkas knew each other since they were kids. They move things around quite a bit for storytelling purposes.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

They change things around for storytelling purposes. My guess is he embraces the teachings when he is facing the attempted murder trial in jail which makes him change his life.

The best cast characters are Divine, Meth and Rae. I don’t think this guy captures RZA.

Exactly.

On some Malcolm X shyt

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Exactly.

On some Malcolm X shyt

he fully embraced it with the acquittal. his mom basically said god gave you a second chance dont screw it up... he then became the RZA, got teh clan together, told them his plan asked them to commit and the rest is history

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I said that breh was miscast but nobody believed me.

RZA personally picked him... there's an article he said he was watching a movie on the plane and he was in it and was like thats me.. he's bobby

he didnt have to auditon

Ashton Sanders Opens Up About Portraying RZA In 'Wu Tang: An American Saga'

But when group member Robert “RZA” Fitzgerald Diggs sat across from Ashton Sanders to share the news that he’d been hand-picked to portray Diggs in the upcoming biopic series, Sanders was ready to crush the monstrous task at hand.

71de82ac-079b-463b-9547-941f7d242e58-was_102_jneumann_0575r-1200x800.jpg

Photo by Jeff Neumann for Hulu
Though having already taken Hollywood by storm with his starring roles in films like Moonlight and Native Son, the dynamic young actor admits that he was also equal parts overwhelmed and honored — naturally.

His story is a story of passion and how their circumstances didn’t define them.

“There was no audition at all,” Sanders told ESSENCE. “RZA and [co-creator] Alex Tse already had their mind made up that they wanted me to portray him. At first it was kind of overwhelming but, obviously, it’s an honor.”

WAS_BN_101_0771R_fmast-1200x390.jpg

Last edited: