Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah the last scene. I wrote my ideas of what it may mean but it’s unclear as fukk. Therefore it’s sloppy to me. Make it clear. Not even saying spell it out but give me the reason he goes there. Cause he just does it out of the blue

I think the scene was two fold

1). Show that Ghost is conflicted about his life and past and future choices. He’s feeling a wide range of complex emotions. Anger, guilt, sadness. In the past, he dealt with it violently. In the present, he chose peace. Its growth

2). Begin to sow the seeds of reconciliation between the two warring crews. Remember, both Power AND Divine help bankroll Wu-Tang in the beginning. And we all know eventually that Rae and Ghost become the Mcartney and Lennon of the Wu. So that means there has to be some kind of common ground. Ghost having respect for Power’s father represents that common ground. It ALSO gives the audience an “we even” feeling for those who think that Power’s crew is bullying and running roughshod over Divine’s crew. Rae and Power shot up Ghost’s mom’s crib, Ghost beat up Power’s father and robbed him. The audience now has reason to believe that both sides could broker a truce

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the scene was two fold

1). Show that Ghost is conflicted about his life and past and future choices. He’s feeling a wide range of complex emotions. Anger, guilt, sadness. In the past, he dealt with it violently. In the present, he chose peace. Its growth

2). Begin to sow the seeds of reconciliation between the two warring crews. Remember, both Power AND Divine help bankroll Wu-Tang in the beginning. And we all know eventually that Rae and Ghost become the Mcartney and Lennon of the Wu. So that means there has to be some kind of common ground. Ghost having respect for Power’s father represents that common ground. It ALSO gives the audience an “we even” feeling for those who think that Power’s crew is bullying and running roughshod over Divine’s crew. Rae and Power shot up Ghost’s mom’s crib, Ghost beat up Power’s father and robbed him. The audience now has reason to believe that both sides could broker a truce

Yeah I got all that. You and the other big homie are right. But the thing is, the show needs speak on that. It's the same issue I have with Power right now; you're making your viewers connect dots based on thing that might be happening rather than using the evidence in front of them and you pointing to these things as a writer. Nothing in that episode showed any reason for that scene to happen. Nor did it hint that scene was coming. We're using our knowledge as Wu fans but I can't do that; gotta judge the show for what's in front of me and pretend I know nothing about Wu or at least pretend im not a wu nerd. And if I'm just sitting down in front of the tv and judging that episode for what it is, divorcing myself of most of my wu knowledge, that scene is sloppy as fukk

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I got all that. You and the other big homie are right. But the thing is, the show needs speak on that. It's the same issue I have with Power right now; you're making your viewers connect dots based on thing that might be happening rather than using the evidence in front of them and you pointing to these things as a writer. Nothing in that episode showed any reason for that scene to happen. Nor did it hint that scene was coming. We're using our knowledge as Wu fans but I can't do that; gotta judge the show for what's in front of me and pretend I know nothing about Wu or at least pretend im not a wu nerd. And if I'm just sitting down in front of the tv and judging that episode for what it is, divorcing myself of most of my wu knowledge, that scene is sloppy as fukk

think of it as a greg weismen show.... clips and images planted early on that we have no clue about or what they mean will show up later..
we can only hope this scene has a call back in a future episode. remember although they have weekly episodes with a beginning , middle and end ... they are also telling a bigger arc

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
think of it as a greg weismen show.... clips and images planted early on that we have no clue about or what they mean will show up later..
we can only hope this scene has a call back in a future episode. remember although they have weekly episodes with a beginning , middle and end ... they are also telling a bigger arc

That. Is. Terrible. Writing. Lol. Breh I hear what you and @Ziggiy are saying. I get it. But that shyt is sloppy. When they do it in power I call it out. So if I don’t call it out here I’d be a hypocrite.

Greg at least would drop hints and show you why a thing was happening. He wouldn’t just drop a scene with no forewarning or no bread crumbs. This scene happened out of nowhere. Nothing that happened in the present indicated the scene was about to happen. Not a damn thing. It wasn’t a thread sewn through the episode either. Greg is better than that lol

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I disagree. That entire episode was a character study of Ghost. Every Ghost scene was really a bunch of random clips, most were unrelated to anything except Ghost, they didn't push the story forward, only Ghost. So by that, if you look at it together, you're getting to understand the character. From a story standpoint, I get it, but this is also episode 4, and you know there's more to come...perhaps to be revisited later. You already know that he has to reconcile with Power & Rae, so perhaps it requires a little patience. I definitely wouldn't call it sloppy writing, because everything does not to be explained at that time...and some things don't need to be explained at all. Now, will some be upset, sure, BUT you can go through damn near any movie, or show, and have tons of scenes that are nothing more than showing traits of the character in different settings.

As for Greg, he did that plenty of times with Gargoyles. There's so much he did without a "why," most that he returned to much later on.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Who are the mods?

why there's 2 different threads on this both stickied... booth and film room ???? could it just be one stickied thread for both subforums?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I disagree. That entire episode was a character study of Ghost. Every Ghost scene was really a bunch of random clips, most were unrelated to anything except Ghost, they didn't push the story forward, only Ghost. So by that, if you look at it together, you're getting to understand the character. From a story standpoint, I get it, but this is also episode 4, and you know there's more to come...perhaps to be revisited later. You already know that he has to reconcile with Power & Rae, so perhaps it requires a little patience. I definitely wouldn't call it sloppy writing, because everything does not to be explained at that time...and some things don't need to be explained at all. Now, will some be upset, sure, BUT you can go through damn near any movie, or show, and have tons of scenes that are nothing more than showing traits of the character in different settings.

As for Greg, he did that plenty of times with Gargoyles. There's so much he did without a "why," most that he returned to much later on.

But he didn’t do that with spectacular Spider-Man. Which is my point. He learned. And he doesn’t do it with young justice either.

It’s sloppy to introduce a thing without bread crumbs. That’s my point. We KILL power for that shyt. Every week lol so why don’t we kill this show for doing the same thing?

And again lol this isn’t saying it’s a bad episode. It’s a good episode. But that shyt stops it from being great for me. It’s like an 8 instead of a 9 lol

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But he didn’t do that with spectacular Spider-Man. Which is my point. He learned. And he doesn’t do it with young justice either.

It’s sloppy to introduce a thing without bread crumbs. That’s my point. We KILL power for that shyt. Every week lol so why don’t we kill this show for doing the same thing?

And again lol this isn’t saying it’s a bad episode. It’s a good episode. But that shyt stops it from being great for me. It’s like an 8 instead of a 9 lol

@ the bolded .... .he did when the girl team discovered that beetle cave.... i had no idea what was going on... but then he threw in a little explanation and i said cool..

anyway... i see you doing weekly write-ups .. are you going to do one for the entire 10 episode season?

dont forget to drop the link in here weekly.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@ the bolded .... .he did when the girl team discovered that beetle cave.... i had no idea what was going on... but then he threw in a little explanation and i said cool..

But they were looking for something. That scene didn’t just come out of nowhere. He’s we didn’t have the full context but we knew they were hunting. And they found something. That’s my point. We were following characters on the road to a thing. They found a thing. We didn’t know why or what it meant or its larger implication but he led us to believe something was happening