Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Episode 4 kinda felt boderline fillerish

I appreciate kinda showng what Ghost was dealing/thinking with but overall after giving the first 3 episodes all at once and this is the first of the weekly shows, this didnt feel like it progressed the story enough

We still dont know much about GZA, Meth, ODB, and Deck still hasnt shown up

I cant believe Im saying this but somehow focusing on so much on RZA, Ghost, Rae and Divine and the drug war has kinda mde this......boring?:patrice:

oh i disagree. It’s a character driven show so you need to illustrate how everyone gets to the point where they truly want to do this shyt. Each of them have their own journey. To deny them that in a narrative would feel cheap. Ghost and rae clearly think the street shyt is a better option but also want to rap and do something better or different with their lives. So from a writing standpoint, it’s imperative to show me the work. How they got from point a to point b. Especially after that battle of the bands shyt didn’t go the way they wanted or believed it should.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
oh i disagree. It’s a character driven show so you need to illustrate how everyone gets to the point where they truly want to do this shyt. Each of them have their own journey. To deny them that in a narrative would feel cheap. Ghost and rae clearly think the street shyt is a better option but also want to rap and do something better or different with their lives. So from a writing standpoint, it’s imperative to show me the work. How they got from point a to point b. Especially after that battle of the bands shyt didn’t go the way they wanted or believed it should.

i agree... the mental of ghost is crazy .. between his mom and his brother's.. i understand the mom's stress from experience.

funny... at the robbery (flashback) i thought ghost broke his leg, then they had he wheelchair in the present .. only to find out he had no leg...

divine and power where cool at one point... so we might be seeing an end to the ghost / power feud ... ghost seeing other's are fukked at and prosperous..

the way he snapped at sherrie ... not called for but understandable.. i hope one of those songs about fukkin on the washing machine and etc aint about her... i actually like her character. (technically RZA combine two sisters for her she it not about her but you get what i'm saying.)

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watched the 1st episode last night and i was lost

I dont know who’s who besides ODB and RZA

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I appreciate kinda showng what Ghost was dealing/thinking with but overall after giving the first 3 episodes all at once and this is the first of the weekly shows, this didnt feel like it progressed the story enough

I cant believe Im saying this but somehow focusing on so much on RZA, Ghost, Rae and Divine and the drug war has kinda mde this......boring?:patrice:

The show seems to be told from the perspective of the Wu-Exec hierarchy, that being RZA, Divine, Ghost & Power, so that's is why they are getting the most shine. Wu began with them. I think they're doing a great job of intertwining their stories, and their relationship to RZA. Rae being Power's Lt is the only reason he'd be getting so much shine.

Cap, Deck & Uey still locked up, so that eliminates a lot of Meth's screentime. But ep 7 is supposed to be his episode. MK doesn't come in until later, and GZA is being GZA. Just from the show, it seems they're only going to get the Enter the Wu.

This episode showed a lot though - Ghost being as emotional as he is, RZA always absorbing information, Power being the way he is...

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

good write-up ..

what scene are you referring to about ghost?

i took it as he wanted a pops so bad and here Power had a good father and they dont even speak... So basically its stop looking at the next man deal with your own and thats what made him break-up with Shurrie..

you see power pops was there and we see Sha's step dad is there tryin gto be there and be fathers to them and they're rejecting them and meanwhile.... Ghost is lashing out because its to much for a kid to deal with and he cant channel that anger and aggression..
we all know Shurrie deep down once she went off to college. based on the convo with her aunt... she wasnt gonna come back

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
good write-up ..

what scene are you referring to about ghost?

i took it as he wanted a pops so bad and here Power had a good father and they dont even speak... So basically its stop looking at the next man deal with your own and thats what made him break-up with Shurrie..

you see power pops was there and we see Sha's step dad is there tryin gto be there and be fathers to them and they're rejecting them and meanwhile.... Ghost is lashing out because its to much for a kid to deal with and he cant channel that anger and aggression..
we all know Shurrie deep down once she went off to college. based on the convo with her aunt... she wasnt gonna come back
Yeah the last scene. I wrote my ideas of what it may mean but it’s unclear as fukk. Therefore it’s sloppy to me. Make it clear. Not even saying spell it out but give me the reason he goes there. Cause he just does it out of the blue

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah the last scene. I wrote my ideas of what it may mean but it’s unclear as fukk. Therefore it’s sloppy to me. Make it clear. Not even saying spell it out but give me the reason he goes there. Cause he just does it out of the blue

i thought he was going to apologize for the robbery years earlier [after his moms almost doing the whitney houston he felt bad] .. then i thought he was going to buy something [cause he walked in and went to the pants]... with the wheelchair i think he thought he got that after he kicked his leg in the robbery.. After power's pops started talking[ cause that what old folks do with youngins]... and he saw things aint what it seems [fake leg] and power not talking to him .... he realized he's living a lie..

Between that and the Divine/Power flashback and now Divine might be coming home... its the start of Ghost's change to being cool with them [power/Sha]

So far titles fit teh episode theme and not just wu titles...

Cold War and Impossible might be the climax and the end of the Ghost/Sha/Power beef. or the park Hill / Stapleton especially if divine is coming home.. the jail stuff with capp might start the truce

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i thought he was going to apologize for the robbery years earlier [after his moms almost doing the whitney houston he felt bad] .. then i thought he was going to buy something [cause he walked in and went to the pants]... with the wheelchair i think he thought he got that after he kicked his leg in the robbery.. After power's pops started talking[ cause that what old folks do with youngins]... and he saw things aint what it seems [fake leg] and power not talking to him .... he realized he's living a lie..

Between that and the Divine/Power flashback and now Divine might be coming home... its the start of Ghost's change to being cool with them [power/Sha]

So far titles fit teh episode theme and not just wu titles...

Cold War and Impossible might be the climax and the end of the Ghost/Sha/Power beef. or the park Hill / Stapleton especially if divine is coming home.. the jail stuff with capp might start the truce
But see again that’s you connecting dots and guessing. That’s sloppy writing. There shouldn’t be guessing in something like that. It’s not like we’re discussing the ending to inception where it’s deliberately left open ended. Nothing that happened in that episode in the flashback or in the present hinted at him even wanting to apologize for that. I understand what they were going for but it was sloppily executed.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
so... hopefully we find out why Divine/Power and Ghost are the executive producers on every album ... they're the money makers who financed the project

i think RZA gonna stop selling soon

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I believe there's going through everyone in detail. Like this was a Ghost-centric episode. According to Dave East, there's going to be a Meth centric episode soon. And being that this is going to be a slow climb (we may not even see them form as a group this season, that it'll expected that a lot of the details is going to be covered and not rushed.