Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still don't know how I feel about this so far

Odb and Chef actors the only ones trying to have some charisma and it's paying off for them

Ghost actor just playing a hood nikka role:mjlol:

Dave East sound like he's reading his lines off the paper

Rza is decent

agreed on ODB and rae...I see “sparks” of ghost in the actor @ times but I think how he looks physically detracts from it...dave east when he has regular speaking parts sounds like meth...but surprisingly him rapping as meth has been lackluster...the RZA actor is decent so I agree w/ you there also but he looks too far off from the part to the point of it being distracting...especially since the dude that plays his brother (divine) looks spot on

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
What y'all think of the casting & acting brehs...

I can see the characteristics in the actors who plays Raekwon but the dude who plays RZA :patrice:

I've seen him act before & he's talented but i can't see him portraying RZA properly...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
agreed on ODB and rae...I see “sparks” of ghost in the actor @ times but I think how he looks physically detracts from it...dave east when he has regular speaking parts sounds like meth...but surprisingly him rapping as meth has been lackluster...the RZA actor is decent so I agree w/ you there also but he looks too far off from the part to the point of it being distracting...especially since the dude that plays his brother (divine) looks spot on

Per the interview I posted when they were on the radio, unless he was trolling. Buddy playing Rae claims when filming this he wore a fat suit and will see him get fatter as the series progresses :russ:

Hard to tell if he was serious or joking cuz he kept a straight face but that was discussed

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the first episode. It’s dope so far. Acting is a little below average, but I’m looking past it.

I grew up on Wu, my favorite group of all time, so it’s not hard for me to track who is who and who becomes who as they progress through the show.

It was so dope in the beginning with them showing how the beat for 7th chamber came through and Rae spittin on it.

I know most young dudes watching this are probably confused on who is who lol other than probably RZA. I’m glad they didn’t go the cheap route and subtitle the rap names at the bottom.

Edit- Just finished all 3 episodes. Definitely a must watch for any hiphop fan. Great show so far, I was ready to watch more episodes.

I’d easily marathon the entire season today if it had all dropped...great analysis overall...me being a wu fan it was easy to keep up w/ who is who and in some cases envision their real counterparts on screen...wonder how this show translates to hip hop fans who are not familiar w/ the wu

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Per the interview I posted when they were on the radio, unless he was trolling. Buddy playing Rae claims when filming this he wore a fat suit and will see him get fatter as the series progresses :russ:

Hard to tell if he was serious or joking cuz he kept a straight face but that was discussed

joking or not he has rae down pat...definitely one of the best actors on the show if not THE best

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
joking or not he has rae down pat...definitely one of the best actors on the show if not THE best

True and parody of them or not,

I actually feel like ODB, Gza, Rae, and Meth for the most part feel like “them”

I don’t think buddy playing the Rza is bad, but I’m just thrown off that he not doing the Rza speech impediment thing he has. That’s one of the key elements to me that makes Rza RZA.

They ways he pronounces “swords” alone is :russ: but it’s dope in the way he spits his bars.

Like to this day I still love his verse in 4th Chambers and thought he killed everyone on this track

:banderas: