Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
True and parody of them or not,

I actually feel like ODB, Gza, Rae, and Meth for the most part feel like “them”

I don’t think buddy playing the Rza is bad, but I’m just thrown off that he not doing the Rza speech impediment thing he has. That’s one of the key elements to me that makes Rza RZA.

They ways he pronounces “swords” alone is :russ: but it’s dope in the way he spits his bars.

Like to this day I still love his verse in 4th Chambers and thought he killed everyone on this track

:banderas:

to be fair.... its hard to fake a stutter and sound believable... Stuttering is hella random but predictable at the same time... its hard to explain.. i'm speaking from experience

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
this show has some real potential. Threw me off at first cause i know rza did some solo stuff before wu, why is he just learning to dj i wondered? They really taking this back to the very beginning im hooked.

Writing/storyline is excellent, odb and raekwon are represented perfectly. ODB son sound just like his dad, specially when he start rapping. Raekwon talks and acts just like a young rae would.

My only problem is some of the casting.

Rza looks nor talks anything like rza, i thought he was gza til someone called him bobby.

Same with ghost, how can you have him talk with no slang? Did he pick it up later from chef? Dude has none of the size or charisma of ghost.

I didnt even know the asst manager at foot locker was supposed to be method man til i read dave east plays him, then it clicked. dont think its a good choice but its early

Being so young in their careers this is fascinating to watch regardless of who plays who. Wish i could binge the whole season but ill catch it every week

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I think the guy who plays Ghost speaks an octave too low, if that makes sense. Agreed about the lack of slang though.

The GZA actor had me :ohhh:when he started rhyming. He has Genius' tone down.

Shameik Moore is hands down my favourite actor on this as Rae.

Watching the third episode again made me notice how much attention they've put into the small details, down to Ghost wearing Wallabees when he shows up at the funeral.

April Walker is a consultant on this too :leon:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Was Staten Island really this rogueish? :ohhh:

I've met multiple brehs from each borough of NYC except there I aint ever met a breh who claim Staten. I literally don't know anything about it except this show.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is dope. The dialog in the opening scene was off like hell, I thought this was going to be terrible. When Rza threw on the original ghost dog sample wooooooo.