Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had other actresses in mind when I was wishful casting this movie in my head but none of them were big brolic looking bytches like Gina Carano so I really don't understand what exactly people are looking for here.
If you don't like the Gadot casting then who do you think would have been better?

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the identical grandfather/grandson just a plot device used for the 70s show when they switched from ww1 to modern day between seasons? Did that make it to the comics? I'm surprised they're bringing it to the movie the way it seems.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
She's pretty but no. They could have done better. Plenty of unknowns they could have found with the exact curves and skin tone to play WW. Idk y they keep trying to pick from the pool of the same actresses.

I'm not sure if Gadot fits the 'pool of same actresses' when the only noteworthy thing she has done before this is being Han's bae in the Fast & Furious series. I know she's in the upcoming Triple 9 movie as well, but other than that she's still relatively unknown. Hell, I'm pretty sure the only reason people know her name is because she got this part. Without it her name recognition would probably be "Vin Diesel's side-chick in Fast Five" status.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I had other actresses in mind when I was wishful casting this movie in my head but none of them were big brolic looking bytches like Gina Carano so I really don't understand what exactly people are looking for here.
If you don't like the Gadot casting then who do you think would have been better?
I was down on the pick because I never heard of her but she looks good in the Bats v Supes trailer. Guess we'll wait and see on the acting chops.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the identical grandfather/grandson just a plot device used for the 70s show when they switched from ww1 to modern day between seasons? Did that make it to the comics? I'm surprised they're bringing it to the movie the way it seems.
Yep, that is how they were able to keep the same Steve Trevor actor when the show time-jumped from the 40s to the 70s.
In the comics WW2 Trevor just got old as fukk.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
And Jews.

Gal Gadot is an Israeli and has identified herself as a Zionist. Her Jewish connections and modeling world connections lend some credence to the idea she didn't exactly get this role based solely on her acting ability (or lack thereof).

I have no Anti-Semitic intention here, but it's well-known that Jews dominate the industry and give each other a leg up in it. That, along with her being considered attractive and probably having a cheap contract, are the only reasonable explanations that make her casting make sense to me.
She's anti Palestine too and was in the Israel army.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think people are willing to sacrifice having a built WW for a great actress. Gal Gadot is not a great actress. So if you're aiming for mediocrity in terms of talent, why not type cast an Amazon warrior? Wonder Women is not Starfire or Jean Grey. She is a merciless hero who has a, brutal and punishing fighting style. She is supposed crushes stereotypes about female superheroes. Why cast a size 0 model?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think people are willing to sacrifice having a built WW for a great actress. Gal Gadot is not a great actress. So if you're aiming for mediocrity in terms of talent, why not type cast an Amazon warrior? Wonder Women is not Starfire or Jean Grey. She is a merciless hero who has a, brutal and punishing fighting style. She is supposed crushes stereotypes about female superheroes. Why cast a size 0 model?
Who was looking for a great actress for this role? Its a comic book movie.
As long as you can be decent acting-wise then its all good for a super-hero movie casting.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gal gadot was in the IDF. She could probably beat the shyt out of you