Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I disagree with their notion that TDK "ruined" the villains. What has been the issue that most of these comic book movies don't give a damn about the villain and toss them in as an afterthought or a counterbalance to the hero instead of making the villains into compelling characters on their own.
That is why The Joker worked so well in TDK, he was a fully formed character that Nolan/Goyer/Ledger put a lot of thought and care into crafting.
Its the same reason why Loki has been the only Marvel villain that isn't mediocre.
Its why both versions of Magneto (Fassbender and McKellan) have been so well received.
Its why (despite how much as people bytch and moan about his casting) I felt that Jesse Eisenberg was a successful Lex Luthor. There was time and care put into the creation of that character on the part of everyone involved in BvS. Same goes for Michael Shannon's Zod in Man of Steel.

Also breh, :russ: thats what the article said. Did you read it? You gave his thesis statement and he went on to explain why no one has reached quite that level (at least for him)

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea the Snyder apologists and the 'Superman doesn't relate to present times' argument just took another major blow.

here we have a movie about a being from another world, who comes to earth to save humanity, who's morally perfect and better than us...who inspires us as a hero...who's super powerful and can stand up to even the most powerful villains.

but for some reason people can't get behind the idea of Superman?
There's a different dynamic here becuase the superhero is female.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so i just got out of wonder woman about an hour ago.

overall i thought it was an okay movie. the first act was great but the movie drags after that and it never reaches that level again.

gal gadot is a stunningly beautiful woman, like seriously she is probably the most beautiful woman i have ever laid eyes on. i wasn't in favor of her casting but if the goal was to cast a woman that had a commanding screen presence then kudos to whomever made that decision. her beauty alone demands your attention in every frame she's in. she truly feels like something not from this world.

as for her performance overall... i really don't have much to say about it. it was average. sometimes she was great and sometimes she wasn't. sometimes i thought i was just looking at a really hot chick in cosplay. it's whatever though, she was good enough i guess. she can hold it down for now. at the end of the day the movie achieves the most important thing... this version of wonder woman is cool.

now for the action. the action scenes in the beginning with the amazons and the use of slo-mo was glorious. amazing stuff. loved every bit of it. the action scenes in the 2nd and 3rd act were terrible though. jerky movements, lame looking CGI... she looked like a cartoon in some spots. felt like a zach snyder movie.
Because she's so thin, the costume was kind of wearing her than her wearing the costume.

Her performance was exceptional. I've never seen her acting so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Only bad moment was her crying scene. It wasn't believable but it was non too terrible.

I like that they kept the accent. Makes the character seem more foreign.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That description fits the DCEU Superman too.
And Pa Kent on Smallville was always up Clark's ass about revealing his powers. If I recall correctly he was a total dikk about Clark rescuing Lex in the pilot.

He wasn't upset with Clark for saving Lex in the pilot, he just really disliked the Luthor's and wanted nothing to do with them.

Like I said the Kent's were afraid of Clark being found out and taken away from them, but they also made it clear to him that if he was in a position to help someone out he should. Pa Kent was primarily on Clark's ass about using his powers for personal gain (especially as it related to Clark playing football).

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea the Snyder apologists and the 'Superman doesn't relate to present times' argument just took another major blow.

here we have a movie about a being from another world, who comes to earth to save humanity, who's morally perfect and better than us...who inspires us as a hero...who's super powerful and can stand up to even the most powerful villains.

but for some reason people can't get behind the idea of Superman?
Diana was raised in a warrior society where everyone knew of her background and potential.

Clark was raised as a farm boy in middle America who later finds out that he has powers which he has to hid and also finds out that he isn't from this planet.

Both were raised different, had different interactions with humanity once they showed there powers, and have different outlooks of themselves and where they fit in society

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Wish Dr. Maru had more development and screen time. She was like one of those protege villains that become the main baddie in the future. She was kinda held back by the General.

Gal & Steve's banter and relationship was A1. Chris became the best Chris and Gal put her heart into the role :wow:

Amazons returning in JL tho :blessed: #blackexcellence ran the Army :wow:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Diana was raised in a warrior society where everyone knew of her background and potential.

Clark was raised as a farm boy in middle America who later finds out that he has powers which he has to hid and also finds out that he isn't from this planet.

Both were raised different, had different interactions with humanity once they showed there powers, and have different outlooks of themselves and where they fit in society

this makes zero sense and doesn't answer the question.

there is no reason why a Superman movie couldn't be made in the same vein as what we just saw with WW.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Wish Dr. Maru had more development and screen time. She was like one of those protege villains that become the main baddie in the future. She was kinda held back by the General.
I swear I kept hearing "Maru" AND "Morrow" throughout the movie. Was making me think she was related to Dr. T.O. Morrow somehow.

So who would she fight next? To be honest, her villains aren't that strong. Cheetah? Giganta? Circe (but this movie says Ares killed all the other gods)? Dr. Psycho?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Because she's so thin, the costume was kind of wearing her than her wearing the costume.

Her performance was exceptional. I've never seen her acting so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Only bad moment was her crying scene. It wasn't believable but it was non too terrible.

I like that they kept the accent. Makes the character seem more foreign.

I think it might also be the way they flipped the tiara upside down.

Usually it points upwards.