Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I think sexism is a large part of the backlash this movie is getting

I felt that with Hil too

Nothing especially wrong overall, but ANY flaw is seized on and amplified by detractors.

Like the Invisible Jet. Glad they didn't employ it like in the comics. Just a one off wink and nod. For fanboys and fangirls. Was kinda ridiculous but no more so than Cap's USO tour.

Lots of comic Easter eggs get a pass but every little thing in WW84 is too silly or whatever

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I think sexism is a large part of the backlash this movie is getting

I felt that with Hil too

Nothing especially wrong overall, but ANY flaw is seized on and amplified by detractors.

Like the Invisible Jet. Glad they didn't employ it like in the comics. Just a one off wink and nod. For fanboys and fangirls. Was kinda ridiculous but no more so than Cap's USO tour.

Lots of comic Easter eggs get a pass but every little thing in WW84 is too silly or whatever

Nothing wrong with having an invisible jet nod, but it was beyond ridiculous in this movie.

A few card swipes at the Smithsonian (?) and she gets access to a fuelled military jet? And bi-plane Steve can fly it? Oh yeah, and it’s the 4th of July. And don’t worry about being spotted because WW has been practicing to make things invisible like Zeus. Then they fly like 6000 miles to Egypt.

:hhh:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Screenshot_20201228-153209_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Pedro Pascal looked tired trying to carry that script :wow:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I think Patty took the 80s theme too far. shyt seemed like a cliche 80s movie with the campiness and overtones. I think the movie was ok but it's just kinda whatever.

Also are we supposed to think Kristen Whig is as bad as Gal Gadot or something? She's a decent actor but chill.

Pedro Pascal though :wow: :dame:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think your rating is a bit high but there really isn't anything in the movie that's terrible... these posters are becoming a parody of themselves, they call everything either piff or trash with no in between lol
This. The vitriol is excessive.

Worst movie ever? :comeon:

I remember that summer I had to sit through suicide squad. ID42 and the Ghostbusters reboot.
:unimpressed:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
China Box Office: 'Wonder Woman 1984' Drops 92 Percent In Second Weekend
rev-1-WW84-35004r_High_Res_JPEG-1600363437-768x433.jpg

Warner Bros.' 'Wonder Woman 1984' will debut on HBO Max and in theaters on Dec. 25 in the U.S.

Warner Bros. Entertainment

Hong Kong action movie 'Shock Wave 2' opened to $65 million while Pixar's 'Soul' received limited screens and opened to just $5.5 million, but the film is generating rave word of mouth and could climb somewhat over the coming week.
Hong Kong action sequel Shock Wave 2rocked China's box office over the weekend, opening to a healthy $64.5 million. Youth fantasy film Dream of Eternityalso did decent business, debuting to $38.9 million.

Hollywood tentpoles, however, fared far less well. Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman 1984 was effectively snuffed out, adding just $1.5 million in its second weekend, a 92 percent decline from its disappointing $18.8 million opening, according to data from Artisan Gateway. The superhero tentpole, which cost $200 million to make, has totaled just $23.9 million and is expected to earn only a little more. The first Wonder Woman film brought in $90.5 million in China.

Disney / Pixar's Soul, which opened over Disney+ in markets where the service is available, debuted to just $5.5. Amid a crowded frame, the animated title received limited screens for its China bow, but that could change slightly thanks to the rave word of mouth the film is generating.

Whereas Wonder Woman 1984 has left Chinese filmgoers cold — scoring a lowly 7.8 from ticketing app Maoyan and 6.5 from Douban — Soul, directed by Pete Docter, is already benefiting from an overtly positive reception. The music-themed film started in fifth place on Friday and finished in third by Sunday, as effusive buzz pushed its daily earnings upwards. Soul has a rating of 9.6 from Maoyan, a 9.5 on Alibaba's Tao Piao Piao and a 9.2 on Douban — some of the best social scores ever for a Pixar title.

Shock Wave 2's opening haul has already surpassed the first Shock Wave film's total earnings of $58 million in 2017. Written and directed by Herman Yau, the sequel brings back Hong Kong veteran Andy Lau as a top bomb disposal expert. This time the character is falsely accused of a terrorist attack and must prove his innocence while on the run. The film has clicked with Chinese action fans, scoring 9.2 on Maoyan and 8 from Douban. It earned $4.4M of its total from 656 Imax screens. The film is co-distributed by Alibaba Pictures.

The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity is written and directed by local teen favorite Guo Jinming, whose Tiny Timesfranchise earned over $300 million in China from 2013 to 2015. Like much of Guo's work, the new film was met with a withering appraisal from critics — some Chinese Marvel fans have even accused it of copying visual elements from Doctor Strange (2016) — while still performing fairly well at the box office.

link:
China Box Office: 'Wonder Woman 1984' Fizzles Out

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, I get what you're coming from. But as an example how dumb was it to make Barbara giving her attempted rapist a beat down her heel turn? :mindblown: In theaters the crowd would have been cheering.
Don't forget at this point it is clear the guy is a serial harasser. The first time you could at least mistake him from being a one-time drunk a$$hole, you know, when Diana smacked the guy away with super strength.

:mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
China Box Office: 'Wonder Woman 1984' Drops 92 Percent In Second Weekend
rev-1-WW84-35004r_High_Res_JPEG-1600363437-768x433.jpg

Warner Bros.' 'Wonder Woman 1984' will debut on HBO Max and in theaters on Dec. 25 in the U.S.

Warner Bros. Entertainment

Hong Kong action movie 'Shock Wave 2' opened to $65 million while Pixar's 'Soul' received limited screens and opened to just $5.5 million, but the film is generating rave word of mouth and could climb somewhat over the coming week.
Hong Kong action sequel Shock Wave 2rocked China's box office over the weekend, opening to a healthy $64.5 million. Youth fantasy film Dream of Eternityalso did decent business, debuting to $38.9 million.

Hollywood tentpoles, however, fared far less well. Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman 1984 was effectively snuffed out, adding just $1.5 million in its second weekend, a 92 percent decline from its disappointing $18.8 million opening, according to data from Artisan Gateway. The superhero tentpole, which cost $200 million to make, has totaled just $23.9 million and is expected to earn only a little more. The first Wonder Woman film brought in $90.5 million in China.

link:
China Box Office: 'Wonder Woman 1984' Fizzles Out
92%?! :wow: