Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Bottom line up front: The movie was middling. 5/10.

As a stand alone film, it's..okay?. Very, very cheesy. The first 15 minutes were like, Superman Returns level of campy. I assume it was intentional. The villain's plot made absolutely no sense. I didn't understand the visual "All I see is you" thing with Chris Pine. Hell, even just saying out loud how he comes back screams "camp".

As an entry into the DCEU (which I assume is still a thing based on WB bringing back Batfleck for the Flash movie, and all the hype surrounding the JL Snyder Cut), it was a sharp, sharp departure in tone for the universe and doesn't really fit into it. Even Shazam wasn't a big goofy fest like this was. It felt like a step backwards for the franchise.

I understanding wanting to do something different from the OG Wonder Woman, and WB is probably still haunted by the backlash that came with the tone of Batman vs Superman...but this just went way too hard into the other direction.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Will purchase the 4k some scenes too beautiful despite some shytty cgi.

The message about belief wishing was powerful to me.

I like shyt like that.

If everybody really got what they wanted it would be chaos on earth:mjlol:
It's a great message...but why exactly did Pedro Pascal's character need to make it so everyone on Earth made wishes? Also, his character "touching them" through the electromagnetic spectrum even though before that everyone had to physically touch him is some bullshyt, I rolled my eyes. Wouldn't it have just made more sense to restore his health via the life force of just a few people? And he clearly wasn't maniacally evil, he should've realized this wish shyt wasn't worth watching the world end in a nuclear holocaust. How did Cheetah go full cheetah? Didn't she already use her wish prior to wishing to become an Apex Predator?

It's just dumb. Sloppier than Lex Luthor's plot in BvS.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
giphy.gif

Man.... we gotta stop Cappin and even more

We gotta stop defending and justifying bad behavior.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I just noticed I'm one of the only people in here discussing the 4K/HDR which means most of u watched it on your laptop.. :picard:

Don't do that with Dune, Matrix 4, Godzilla vs. Kong... actually buy a quality TV. It might set you back a few bucks but it will be worth it. :wow:
I watched it on my tv via roku. My TV isn't 4k, it's 720. Had it for 8 years. I don't watch a lot of tv so I haven't had a good enough reason to upgrade yet. Plan on getting a 4k tv next year when I buy my house. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
why is this broke boi always quoting me accusing me of some bullshyt in here :mjlol:

come to the boiler room, I'll help you make some $ friend. My Disney shares are up 18% this month.

While y'all stan companies ....

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the movie and I enjoyed it. Better than Wonder Woman and IMO one of the best DC movies ever made. :ehh:Kristen wiig did a good job as Cheetah and of course my boy Pedro Pascal did a good job.

I liked the nod that was given to Batman vs Superman and the cameo at the end was a nice nod to the past.

WB should have released this last year so it could have made some money at the box office. :francis:

This is one of those movies people will pan because its being panned by everyone else but years from now people will like it. When you got truly trash movies out there like The Spirit, it’s funny hearing people call this the worst movie they’ve ever seen. I liked it personally.