Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shout out to Mad Dog for pouring cold water on the entire Olympic angle.

NBC wasn’t giving prime time slots to women’s basketball regardless :mjlol:. The Olympics has always been about individual sports like track and field, swimming, and gymnastics.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. So you’re telling me they were going to bump soccer matches to air Caitlin Clark sitting on the bench.

Nobody was going to be tuning in at 1 pm on a weekday to see Caitlin Clark.

And it’s not to job of the Olympic Committee to grow the WNBA. They’re not affiliated or partnered with them. And they don’t benefit either way.

But nikkas like Steven A, are dug into their position and warped logic so it’s like talking to a door knob.

NBC not trying to grow the network:troll:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

"Who you taking off?" :mjlol:

She shot 47% last year, 46% the year before that including 42% from three...

Plum has also practiced and played live games with everyone going.

This team was picked months ago before Clark was even in the WNBA. They don't look at who's hot during the first 10 - 15 games of a season and decided who to pick.

The process started in 2022 :snoop:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Shout out to Mad Dog for pouring cold water on the entire Olympic angle.

NBC wasn’t giving prime time slots to women’s basketball regardless :mjlol:. The Olympics has always been about individual sports like track and field, swimming, and gymnastics.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. So you’re telling me they were going to bump soccer matches to air Caitlin Clark sitting on the bench.

Nobody was going to be tuning in at 1 pm on a weekday to see Caitlin Clark.

And it’s not to job of the Olympic Committee to grow the WNBA. They’re not affiliated or partnered with them. And they don’t benefit either way.

But nikkas like Steven A, are dug into their position and warped logic so it’s like talking to a door knob.

Add in, these dumb azz krackers and koons talking about people are losing money. I've had to remind them that no one is making money from the olympics. Athletes only make money in endorsements and Clark already has tens of millions in endorsements. No one is making or losing more money with clark on or off the team. If you tell a lie enough, people will accept it as truth without knowing any better.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So do the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox :mjlol:

Ya'll reading too much into this. It's early in the season.

That's baseball.... they have 162-game season. The WNBA could have ran a good 8PM ET game last night that would not have been up against the Finals.

The WNBA has a 40-game season. They could potentially "own" a lot of nights when nothing else is on and they don't seem to understand that...

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
That's baseball.... they have 162-game season. The WNBA could have ran a good 8PM ET game last night that would not have been up against the Finals.

The WNBA has a 40-game season. They could potentially "own" a lot of nights when nothing else is on and they don't seem to understand that...

Dont most arenas have things scheduled way before hand. I'm not sure that its as simple as you make it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dont most arenas have things scheduled way before hand. I'm not sure that its as simple as you make it

That's not what I'm saying, the schedule hasn't made sense at all.... last night they had two games on at 10PM ET and nothing on at 8PM ET...

There was a weekend day where they had one game on at like noon and then a bunch at 8PM ET competing against each other when they could have put one in the middle portion of the day.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

You're right... It's almost as if the NBA has deliberately undermined the WNBA...

But wait.. they're "subsidizing" it right?

The NBA does the bare minimum cross promoting the sport.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
That's not what I'm saying, the schedule hasn't made sense at all.... last night they had two games on at 10PM ET and nothing on at 8PM ET...

There was a weekend day where they had one game on at like noon and then a bunch at 8PM ET competing against each other when they could have put one in the middle portion of the day.

yeah the WNBA tv schedule is retarded