Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% facts. Larry Bird had to lay on the damn court when he wasn't playing because his back hurt too much to sit.

And he was on the team.

Magic wasn't even in the NBA.

And he was on the team.

Laettner........

Yet people want to say it's all about who the top players are.

Come on.

The players on the current men's team aren't the top 12 players in the NBA. But they are on the team for a reason.
I mean, you had to go back 32 years, the first time pros were sent to the Olympics for proof of players being picked as ambassadors.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
100% facts. Larry Bird had to lay on the damn court when he wasn't playing because his back hurt too much to sit.

And he was on the team.

And he was on the team.

Laettner........

Come on.

The players on the current men's team aren't the top 12 players in the NBA. But they are on the team for a reason.

What reason ?

It's no ulterior motive to haliburton or adebayo being on the team they just were the ones that were available that fit

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And he was on the team.

And he was on the team.

Laettner........

Come on.

Just stop saying you trying to grow rhe game. Because your actions show you aren't. Done.
Chelsea Gray ain't even played a minute of basketball this year. What's she contributing to the team? Caitlin can't clap on the sidelines?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This incessant Caitlin Clark talk is making me avoid everything WNBA related :hhh:

I'm trying to get back into the league but this whole story is 10% basketball, 90% foolishness.

Can't defend her, can't foul her, gotta kick women off the Olympic team to make a spot for her, and now she's Jackie Robinson.

Y'all have fun. I'm out until the playoffs:hubie:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

And he was on the team.

And he was on the team.

Laettner........

Come on.

Just stop saying you trying to grow rhe game. Because your actions show you aren't. Done.

STOP it.

The Dream Team was different. This was the first time NBA players were being used. So the NBA wanted their most iconic current players to be represented. Plain and Simple. The NBA's international presence was non existent. Most of the teams that played the Dream Team, treated them as if they were rockstars and didn't care about winning.

Most the the top WNBA players have played overseas in bigger markets, so the Olympics has nothing to do with growing the sport globally.

This is all about the US, and what Clark can do to make the US market money.

And it's not even about growing women's basketball in the US, because they already have the most talent than any other country.

The US sports market is dominated by the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, then you have Golf. So the WNBA will never be part of the big 2 (NFL, NBA).

This whole thing comes off as one big money grab. And most fans are using this to promote non basketball agendas. If you're a fan of hoops, Caitlin Clark wouldn't be the sole topic of discussion.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Exactly they were trying to grow the game

You really think Caitlyn Clark playing in the olympic for 2, 3 min a game is gonna grow the game

It's the olympics, they dont need extra eyes

Most likely her fans gonna bytch that she didn't get off the bench and it will be a distraction

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really think Caitlyn Clark playing in the olympic for 2, 3 min a game is gonna grow the game

It's the olympics, they dont need extra eyes

Most likely her fans gonna bytch that she didn't get off the bench and it will be a distraction

Just like when Team USA chose Jordan over Zeke :comeon:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Chelsea Gray ain't even played a minute of basketball this year. What's she contributing to the team? Caitlin can't clap on the sidelines?
I might be the biggest Chelsea Gray fan on this board... I've posted her highlights on here before...she is my point GAWD :wow:

I want her to get right for the playoffs so the Aces can get that 3PEAT :ohlawd:

Caitlin Clark is actively growing the sport...one the most popular basketball players in the world men or women...the facts speak for themself .. .not puting her on the team will go down in history as one of worst sports business decisions EVER... it's stupid for a league that has been trying to get off the ground for the last 25 years.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caitlin Clark is actively growing the sport...one the most popular basketball players in the world men or women...the facts speak for themself .. .not puting her on the team will go down in history as one of worse sports business decisions EVER... it's stupid for a league that has been trying to get off the ground for the last 25 years.
I don't get how the CC supporters expect the game to grow if they shyt on everything that's not CC.

None of the CC stans are begging up Aja, talking about the Liberty or Suns, any of the other rookies, or women on the way like JuJu or Paige, it's only CC. They're not watching other teams games or anything. How does ignoring or criticizing anything non-CC grow the game?

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I don't get how the CC supporters expect the game to grow if they shyt on everything that's not CC.

None of the CC stans are begging up Aja, talking about the Liberty or Suns, any of the other rookies, or women on the way like JuJu or Paige, it's only CC. They're not watching other teams games or anything. How does ignoring or criticizing anything non-CC grow the game?
Them people you are describing are idiots...they are a fan of CC...not the game of women's basketball... AJA Wilson is the best player in the world and it's not even close.....with all the time being spent in the media on discussing the WNBA it's criminal that AJA is not being talked about more...she is great for the kids in Las Vegas too. ...she gives back to her community