Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
STOP it.

The Dream Team was different. This was the first time NBA players were being used. So the NBA wanted their most iconic current players to be represented. Plain and Simple. The NBA's international presence was non existent. Most of the teams that played the Dream Team, treated them as if they were rockstars and didn't care about winning.

Most the the top WNBA players have played overseas in bigger markets, so the Olympics has nothing to do with growing the sport globally.

This is all about the US, and what Clark can do to make the US market money.

And it's not even about growing women's basketball in the US, because they already have the most talent than any other country.

The US sports market is dominated by the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, then you have Golf. So the WNBA will never be part of the big 2 (NFL, NBA).

This whole thing comes off as one big money grab. And most fans are using this to promote non basketball agendas. If you're a fan of hoops, Caitlin Clark wouldn't be the sole topic of discussion.
It shouldn’t but the aces having 4 players on the Olympic team is kinda weird. NBA has issues with balance but damn

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I might be the biggest Chelsea Gray fan on this board... I've posted her highlights on here before...she is my point GAWD :wow:

I want her to get right for the playoffs so the Aces can get that 3PEAT :ohlawd:

Caitlin Clark is actively growing the sport...one the most popular basketball players in the world men or women...the facts speak for themself .. .not puting her on the team will go down in history as one of worst sports business decisions EVER... it's stupid for a league that has been trying to get off the ground for the last 25 years.
This is all I'm saying. It's a very unique situation. It's a league that has a dedicated fanbase that is slowly growing but has the exponential growth potential due to a rookie. In the next few years they can be up there with Woman's Tennis.

She may end up being the worst player on the team. But you can PR spin that. Have her state how happy she is to be there and work to win a medal with veteran greats of the game. I'd have Aja in them around her arm like Paris Hilton use to carry that dog around lol. When it comes to competing on the court, fukk her up. But outside of that it should be buddy buddy all the time.

She obviously would have accepted even tho she prolly could use the rest. So them coming out saying it was because of her fans is the wrong message. They should have said she wasn't at tryouts or something.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Aja Wilson plays like an average NBA player dropped in the WNBA. She just moves different than the rest of the women in there. Her coordination with the ball in her hands and finishing is like 5-6 years ahead of everyone else.
I mean, three of them were #1 overall picks, and the other is the best PG in the WNBA.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
This is all I'm saying. It's a very unique situation. It's a league that has a dedicated fanbase that is slowly growing but has the exponential growth potential due to a rookie. In the next few years they can be up there with Woman's Tennis.

She may end up being the worst player on the team. But you can PR spin that. Have her state how happy she is to be there and work to win a medal with veteran greats of the game. I'd have Aja in them around her arm like Paris Hilton use to carry that dog around lol. When it comes to competing on the court, fukk her up. But outside of that it should be buddy buddy all the time.

She obviously would have accepted even tho she prolly could use the rest. So them coming out saying it was because of her fans is the wrong message. They should have said she wasn't at tryouts or something.

A unique situation is great way to phrase this whole CC Olympics argument... because it is exactly that....the people behind this decision are clearly not business savvy people and im being nice

.it would of put the spotlight of the world on USA Women's basketball ...that has never been the case... which would of meant increased sales of merch and viewership ...and yes new fans of the sport.. AKA Growth

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
A unique situation is great way to phrase this whole CC Olympics argument... because it is exactly that....the people behind this decision are clearly not business savvy people and im being nice

.it would of put the spotlight of the world on USA Women's basketball ...that has never been the case... which would of meant increased sales of merch and viewership ...and yes new fans of the sport.. AKA Growth

I disagree, once they find out she not playing which she wont, those fans wont watch or will tune out or will harass every one else on the team and shyt on them.

The majority of them dont give a fukk about nothing but Caitlyn Clark. Check any comment section. He fan base is extremely toxic and they're not fans of the sport of basketball or the WNBA

They're fans of Caitlyn Clark

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, once they find out she not playing which she wont, those fans wont watch or will tune out or will harass every one else on the team and shyt on them.
They think her stans are going to be alright with her playing the Laettner role?

She can't grow the sport if she doesn't play :picard:

She can't grow the sport if she doesn't finish games:picard:

Casuals won't know that she's playing if she's not starting, can't grow the sport if they turn the game off 3 minutes in.:picard:

She's only shooting 4 times a game, people turned in to see her score 30, can't grow the sport if she's not the #1 option:picard:

Why is the media talking to Aja, Kelsey and Sabrina, casuals don't know who they are. They need to talk to CC to grow the sport:picard:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS

The majority of them dont give a fukk about nothing but Caitlyn Clark. Check any comment section. He fan base is extremely toxic and their not fans of the sport of basketball or the WNBA

They're fans of Caitlyn Clark
Those people you're talking about are shytty people...I wish they didn't make up a big part of her fanbase cause I like her game...so I understand why their is pushback to her ...I try not get political on here but the right wing idiots are trying to turn her into their political puppy....it's crazy

Last edited:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Those people you're talking about are shytty people...I wish they didn't make up a big part of her fanbase cause I like her game...so I understand why their is pushback to her ...I try not get political on here but the right wing idiots are trying to make turn her into their political puppy....it's crazy

Yeah it's not her fault. If she was guaranteed to play big minutes I would have no problem with her on the team. But most likely she is gonna ride the pine, every interaction she has with a vet will be broken down and clipped up. Folks will get villified. It just wont be a good look.

The reason it translated in from college to the WNBA is because she plays 38 min a night and got a green light. It wont be the same when she is on the bench

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Yeah it's not her fault. If she was guaranteed to play big minutes I would have no problem with her on the team. But most likely she is gonna ride the pine, every interaction she has with a vet will be broken down and clipped up. Folks will get villified. It just wont be a good look.

The reason it translated in from college to the WNBA is because she plays 38 min a night and got a green light. It wont be the same when she is on the bench
At this point it would prolly be a distraction more than anything . People have turned her into a lightning rod for what ever cause they are trying to promote... Plus the Aces got damn near the whole squad on the team...I'm good with it