Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
As far as Paige and Clark being teammates, I dont see that happening.

Unless I am missing someone who can be the #1 pick over Paige, she going to the expansion San Fran team.
(Im forgetting the Kiki girl who was at Stanford. I dont know if she can go to the league or not next year)
I'm just waiting for that 2027 draft. That shyt is gonna be crazy.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Indiana needs to let Smith set the screens for Clark up top. She can handle the short roll WAY better than Boston once Clark gets blitzed. I'd have Boston in the dunker spot.
setting screens is what's causing a lot of her turnovers. They are hedging the screens and trapping her and she has trouble passing out of the doubleteam against more athletic, taller, stronger players. It's something college coaches refused to do as they allowed her to come off of screens and shoot open 3s for 4 years. They need to play her off ball for most of the game. She can handle the rock a bit, but coming off screens is something she hasn't mastered yet at the WNBA level. She had another turnover late in the game when they trapped her off the screen.

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
setting screens is what's causing a lot of her turnovers. They are hedging the screens and trapping her and she has trouble passing out of the doubleteam against more athletic, taller, stronger players. It's something college coaches refused to do as they allowed her to come off of screens and shoot open 3s for 4 years. They need to play her off ball for most of the game. She can handle the rock a bit, but coming off screens is something she hasn't mastered yet at the WNBA level. She had another turnover late in the game when they trapped her off the screen.
Keep baptizing her into the fire until she gets used to it. When the passes do get through, Smith has better athleticism and shooting ability to make teams pay.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm a total WNBA casual but is chemistry more of an issue for teams than the NBA? That probably sounds sexist as hell but it seems like half of these women hate each other for real lol.
Seems like they are with each other a lot less than NBA teams are. Shorter season and offseason.

Plus since the age of the league skews older, rookies are playing against these players for the first time, it's not like the NBA where you probably were in camps, AAU, etc together and grew around each other.

Those locker rooms are probably crazy toxic.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Seems like they are with each other a lot less than NBA teams are. Shorter season and offseason.

Plus since the age of the league skews older, rookies are playing against these players for the first time, it's not like the NBA where you probably were in camps, AAU, etc together and grew around each other.

Also these women ain't making crazy money like that, you gotta earn your keep fast or you're at risk of getting cut.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

The WNBA has had horrible bullying issues

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
As many have said here lately, Indiana aint gonna win shyt cause they dont play as a team. They dont have each others' back. This goes for Cailtin (she dont seem to vibe with any of her teammates) or any of the bigs (its your job to enforce and back up your teammates if people are going at them).

Your top teams in all sports play at a unit.

My man, Indiana ain't gonna win shyt because they were one of the worst teams in the league, hence the reason they had the 1st pick in the draft. They are deficent of talent, one player, who was playing college ball a month ago doesn't change that.

They will need to acquire more talent in order to compete.

Last edited: