Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
My biggest problem with wnba offenses is that they come down and run a lot of actions for show that just waste the clock. Like if your bigs can't shoot the elbow jumper, or take their man off the dribble from the high post we really just wasting time till a guard comes back up to get the ball.

I feel an NBA level coach would scrap the wasted time and isolate bad defenders every time down.
Cosign

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You trying too hard with this post :mjlol:

If a team picks u up full court, constantly doubles and traps u that means they fear/respect you lol

No if, and or buts about it
of course. She likes to shoot as soon as she passes half court. Why would you let someone take open 3s without pressing them while knowing they don't have a top handle?

Daps
That offense is too simplistic for pro ball. It's one action and if it fails, they just stand around until Clark runs towards the ball.
yeah saw a lot of that tonight. clark did a decent amount of self creating when they gave her the one on one at times. I think shes starting to figure out who she can beat off the dribble but the offense should be able to function when shes out. They fed mitchell over and over for no reason when she was obviously cold. From what I saw from clark stepping up on defense tonight...I think she can fix her onball issues but kelsey mitchell has been in the league a while and she literally ducks sometimes when the other teams shoots...

Daps
of course. She likes to shoot as soon as she passes half court. Why would you let someone take open 3s without pressing them while knowing they don't have a top handle?
her handle is fine for the most part. Most of her turnovers were from passes and she even beat some people off the dribble and even iso'd a few of her looks.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I was at a B-day party last night so I didn't catch any of the games but how did Brink end up with 3 points and she wasn't in foul trouble :gucci:

Also, Sides at the presser basically telling Clark to "shut up and dribble" :huhldup:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I was at a B-day party last night so I didn't catch any of the games but how did Brink end up with 3 points and she wasn't in foul trouble :gucci:

Also, Sides at the presser basically telling Clark to "shut up and dribble" :huhldup:
She said that???

Countdown until she gets sent to coach in Australia or something:mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You trying too hard with this post :mjlol:

If a team picks u up full court, constantly doubles and traps u that means they fear/respect you lol

No if, and or buts about it

It’s not fear or respect. :mjlol: they just don’t want her or the Fever to beat them.

This is no different than teams getting up to play Colorado last year. You really think Oregon feared or respected Colorado?

Or Linsanity. Teams didn’t want to be the ones to allow him to style off of them.

And since most people are watching the Fever, they don’t want to be shown up.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
She said that???

Countdown until she gets sent to coach in Australia or something:mjlol:

Yeah, she said that she wants her players to stop talking to the refs and getting technicals. That if anyone has to get a tech. it should be her. She was apparently telling her this during yesterday's game.

usatsi_23408374.webp