Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If the coach is holding Clark back then what about Aaliyah Boston who won ROY and went to the ASG ??

People love to shyt on AB but coach not rlly putting her in good spots either.

If I'm fever ownership I'm looking at the best NCAAW coach possible or a NBA assistant for the next person honestly
Boston has looked much better in the offense the last few games. Her main issue has been foul trouble. She also has negative athleticism :picard:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Angel Reese double double.

x.com

11 P 12 R on 4/9 shooting.

Sky with the L tho

She a rebound demon

Leading the league in offensive boards

I knew it would translate to the league just wasn't sure how well.

Chicago was also a good spot to land she get hella min out there

She might not be playing as much if she got drafted by Minn or Dallas

If my girl Marina aint playing well the sky wont win though

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
If the coach is holding Clark back then what about Aaliyah Boston who won ROY and went to the ASG ??

People love to shyt on AB but coach not rlly putting her in good spots either.

If I'm fever ownership I'm looking at the best NCAAW coach possible or a NBA assistant for the next person honestly

That offense is too simplistic for pro ball. It's one action and if it fails, they just stand around until Clark runs towards the ball.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
My biggest problem with wnba offenses is that they come down and run a lot of actions for show that just waste the clock. Like if your bigs can't shoot the elbow jumper, or take their man off the dribble from the high post we really just wasting time till a guard comes back up to get the ball.

I feel an NBA level coach would scrap the wasted time and isolate bad defenders every time down.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
CC dropping 30 while being faceguarded and full court pressed:mjlol:.

Breh, any nikka that says that she isn't it is an absolute clown:dead:
first of all, Nurse is a terrbile defender and why their coach continues to put her on Clark is beyond my knowledge. 2nd, 13 of those were freethrows and in the end, they started calling a lot of ticky tack fouls both ways that led to the final 5 minutes of the game damn near being a half hour with the commercial breaks. 3rd, the Sparks aren't a good team even with all of the talent they have. Peep my post from last week below and focus on the BOLD print.
There is no such thing as an "easy schedule" in the WNBA. There are 12 teams and 42% of them are contenders (Aces, Wings(who will find themselves), Sun, Liberty, and this season the Mercury). The fever has to play the Sun and Liberty 4 more times total. They have to play the Aces and Mercury, 6 times total coming up. Add in 7 games total left agains Lynx and Sky along with 4 against the Dream. . The teams they don't have to worry about are the Mistics, Storm, and Sparks. They still struggled with the Storm and Sparks and that's saying a lot. The WNBA is like the NBA of the 60s. There are no nights off. Even the bad teams, you're playing an all star every night. There is no way to construct an "easy" schedule for them in a 12 team league. It will get better once the 4 new teams are added within the next 4 year and the great draft class of 2007 will be in their 2nd year. Then the nights off will occur more frequently because you will have women in the league then that aren't good enough to be in the league NOW.
We know the Sparks are bad and they shouldn't be. I also said that they will probably split with them this season. I have to find that post.. It's the sparks!!!! That says a lot about the Fever that they struggle with them. shyt, Clark should be putting up 40 on them. Especially considering the coach wants Nurse to guard her one on one and they aren't hedging the screens.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

She got a large chunk of her points at the free throw line.

The Fever has do work extremely hard as a team just to get her open looks because she can’t create her own shot with the ball in her hands. She also can’t go left. Her game is limited. She’s also an average passer.

The only good thing is teams defending her create open shots for other players, but they’re not hitting shots consistently.

The Fever were at their best when they ran their offense without worrying about getting Clark the ball. A player passed up a wide open layup to let Clark take a contested 3 pointer.

There are a ton of players better than Clark and even more than can do the same shyt she does but better. I mean how many games are yall going to completely ignore what the Fever’s opponents are doing :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

i can safely say i've never seen someone forget they had more FTs to shoot because they were in a hurry to face guard a fukking rookie :skip:

like i get all these women trying to set a tone for the entire league, but like.... if this shyt has mixed success now and she just got here, what you gonna next year and the year after? when she got help? in the playoffs?

let clark think this shyt became normal for clark and everybody is fukked

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
i can safely say i've never seen someone forget they had more FTs to shoot because they were in a hurry to face guard a fukking rookie :skip:

like i get all these women trying to set a tone for the entire league, but like.... if this shyt has mixed success now and she just got here, what you gonna next year and the year after? when she got help? in the playoffs?

let clark think this shyt became normal for clark and everybody is fukked
She would have to change her entire way of playing. As of now, the Aces, Liberty, and Sun won't be in fear of the Fever any time soon. The absolute ONLY thing that would make the Fever contenders within 2 or 3 years, AND I MEAN ONLY THING, is if the league starts their bullshyt with giving Clark and her teammates the GS treatment by allowing illegal screens and calling touch fouls. Other than that, she will average 17-22 over the next few years and win nothing. Because at the end of the day, there is more comp in the WNBA that these players see on a nightly basis than the NBA players see. Just as I explained before in this thread, less than half of the draft picks make a roster and you're damn near playing an all star and or future hall of famer every fukkin game. You don't get that in the NBA now.. This is what what happens when there are only 12 teams. But don't worry, they will add another next season, and then another one, and then 2 more. With 16 teams, there will be more nights off as they will change rules and scoring with increase like the bullshyt we got now in the NBA. There is a chick somewhere right now not in the league cuz she couldn't make a roster that will be averaging 20-22 on a bad team in 2 years just jacking up shots every game not winning shyt. Just wait..

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
She would have to change her entire way of playing. As of now, the Aces, Liberty, and Sun won't be in fear of the Fever any time soon. The absolute ONLY thing that would make the Fever contenders within 2 or 3 years, AND I MEAN ONLY THING, is if the league starts their bullshyt with giving Clark and her teammates the GS treatment by allowing illegal screens and calling touch fouls. Other than that, she will average 17-22 over the next few years and win nothing. Because at the end of the day, there is more comp in the WNBA that these players see on a nightly basis than the NBA players see. Just as I explained before in this thread, less than half of the draft picks make a roster and you're damn near playing an all star and or future hall of famer every fukkin game. You don't get that in the NBA now.. This is what what happens when there are only 12 teams. But don't worry, they will add another next season, and then another one, and then 2 more. With 16 teams, there will be more nights off as they will change rules and scoring with increase like the bullshyt we got now in the NBA. There is a chick somewhere right now not in the league cuz she couldn't make a roster that will be averaging 20-22 on a bad team in 2 years just jacking up shots every game not winning shyt. Just wait..
You trying too hard with this post :mjlol:

If a team picks u up full court, constantly doubles and traps u that means they fear/respect you lol

No if, and or buts about it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
wow thats crazy