Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
WNBA needs to tell teams to not fukk up the bag. If Caitlin fails them upgrades they got this year are gone.
They shouldn’t have put all their eggs in one basket. There are more marketable players in the WNBA besides Caitlin. Angel Reese has a huge following (more social media followers than Caitlin). Cameron Brink is gaining new followers as well being in LA and the white boys thinking “she’s the hottest” (as they would say).

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what Clark will be for sure, but comparing her to Wemby who has unique physical attributes. :mjlol:
The Wemby comparison had nothing to do with their physical attributes or even their skillsets.
It was based on people jumping to negative conclusions after a small amount of games into their rookie seasons.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yeah.....Bluder is only 63.....I find the timing to be odd......Coach Bluder's salary at Iowa was 1 million.
It won’t matter. That Iowa offense she ran with Clark, won’t work in the WNBA.

Not to mention, no good players are going to want to sign there.

And if she goes to a Euro team, the coaches over there will bench her if she tries to jack up 3’s.

Clark plays rec league/playground ball.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
They shouldn’t have put all their eggs in one basket. There are more marketable players in the WNBA besides Caitlin. Angel Reese has a huge following (more social media followers than Caitlin). Cameron Brink is gaining new followers as well being in LA and the white boys thinking “she’s the hottest” (as they would say).

Thank you. Thank you.

This is my argument.

People are mad at everybody else because shorty isn't nice.
They're basically telling the other players to not play against her hard, cause they are fukkin up the bag lol

For one, this is a fad that's gonna stop very quickly because no one really cares about women playing basketball. They care about race.

And the most important thing is what you said... The wnba thought this was their big shot and put all their hopes and dreams on this white girl, and doing white power type commercials for her.
They put all their eggs in one basket.
So when she flops, it's going to set the league back like 20 more years when it comes to popularity

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Thank you. Thank you.

This is my argument.

People are mad at everybody else because shorty isn't nice.
They're basically telling the other players to not play against her hard, cause they are fukkin up the bag lol

For one, this is a fad that's gonna stop very quickly because no one really cares about women playing basketball. They care about race.

And the most important thing is what you said... The wnba thought this was their big shot and put all their hopes and dreams on this white girl, and doing white power type commercials for her.
They put all their eggs in one basket.
So when she flops, it's going to set the league back like 20 more years when it comes to popularity
Will it though?

The WNBA was growing and gaining popularity even before she came into the league and will continue to do so if she fails.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
It won’t matter. That Iowa offense she ran with Clark, won’t work in the WNBA.

Not to mention, no good players are going to want to sign there.

And if she goes to a Euro team, the coaches over there will bench her if she tries to jack up 3’s.

Clark plays rec league/playground ball.

*Anything is better than what Coach Sides is running.....Clark getting only 8 shot attempts in 30 minutes is unacceptable....Coach Sides put the ball in Wheeler's hands in Clark's first home game....Ran no plays to get Clark open any......Criminal.

* But that's the issue...Skylar Diggins was interested in Indy, but the GM declined and decided to sign KLS instead.

* I highly doubt Clark will be playing overseas. She already has endorsement money coming in

Last edited:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Caitlin Clark fans on Twitter are insufferable
I haven’t been on twitter to see comments about her, but on IG and Facebook, they’re all saying the same thing:

“Coach needs to let her play her game!”
“If only her teammates could catch a pass!”
“She went to the worst team in the league.” (Which isn’t true)
“Why do they allow her to get double teamed like that?” :mjlol:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I said before the season started that her transition to the WNBA would be a rocky start. She's not going to dominate right out of the gate and her rookie season will be filled with highs and lows, especially lows.

People wanna blame Coach Sides but she has a job to do which is coaching the way she sees fit to win and not play favoritism to one player who is a rookie and needs to earn her stripes/respect (playing time, control of the offense, etc) just like everybody else. I appreciate the way Christie Sides is handling this Caitlin Clark spectacle by not caving into the noise and challenging and questioning her game/skill and desire to be better.

Secondly, as I tried to tell people in the draft thread that the Indiana Fever has a long way to go before becoming a competitive contending team, last year the Aces and Liberty were considered the superteams of the league.

I still believe Reese, Cardoso, Brink, Jackson, and a few others will have better starts to their career and I don't mean that just from a statistical POV but, also more early career success because their teams are better constructed along with lesser (individual) expectations.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Gotta love the Coli hot takes.

No she obviously is not coming in like Candace Parker and dominating.

But she'll be fine. Even it takes another year or 2 the skillset is there to be a top player in that league. She was just playing college ball like a month ago.

Right now she's getting targeted by some of the best defenders in the league as well as occasionally doubled teamed. They'll figure out through the season how to get her better looks or the coach will be gone and they'll find one who can.
There's too much money to let her completely fail.