Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

SHE PLAYED PG IN GM 1
AND HAD 10 TURNOVERS....

THEN nikkaS SAID THEY NEED
TO PLAY HER OFF THE BALL MORE.

:devil:
:evil:

Tim Legler brought this up this morning and it pretty much summed up Clark’s game.

She doesn’t have any physical advantages over anyone. Jordan as a rookie was more physically gifted than anyone else. So was LeBron. Magic was a 6’9 point guard. Iverson was faster than everyone. Wemby is a guard in a 7’5 body.

Candace Parker won rookie of the year and MVP in her first year because she was a 6’4 center who could handle the ball like a guard. Clark isn’t bigger, stronger or faster than most if not all the guards she will face this year. And people compare her to Steph Curry. Well one of the reasons Steph is so great is he has elite handles. He can creat separation with ease. It’s not secret that the best 2 players in the league right now are 6’4.

So the ONLY thing that will make Clark great is having an elite basketball IQ. Throughout high school and college, she ran a rec league ywca style offense against mostly inferior talent. So her passes didn’t have to be elite and her IQ was never sharpened. The South Carolina squad that shut her down in the title game, imagine if she had do face teams like that every week in college. Well now she has to face South Carolina every week.

You got former and current WNBA players getting called haters for stating the obvious. Clark simply isn’t physically gifted or imposing enough to create mismatches consistently. And she doesn’t have elite handles or a high basketball IQ do play point guard and run an offense.

Basically, Iowa didn’t prepare her for the WNBA and her for her entire career up until a few weeks ago consisted of players and coaches catering to her and allowing her to play AAU, Rucker Park style basketball.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I said before the season started that her transition to the WNBA would be a rocky start. She's not going to dominate right out of the gate and her rookie season will be filled with highs and lows, especially lows.

People wanna blame Coach Sides but she has a job to do which is coaching the way she sees fit to win and not play favoritism to one player who is a rookie and needs to earn her stripes/respect (playing time, control of the offense, etc) just like everybody else. I appreciate the way Christie Sides is handling this Caitlin Clark spectacle by not caving into the noise and challenging and questioning her game/skill and desire to be better.

Secondly, as I tried to tell people in the draft thread that the Indiana Fever has a long way to go before becoming a competitive contending team, last year the Aces and Liberty were considered the superteams of the league.

I still believe Reese, Cardoso, Brink, Jackson, and a few others will have better starts to their career and I don't mean that just from a statistical POV but, also more early career success because their teams are better constructed along with lesser (individual) expectations.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Erica Wheeler shooting 30% from the field and won't pass to CC.

Coach just think this is ok.

WNBA needs to step in before people lose interest

And there in lies the problem. You don’t want Clark to earn anything. You want it to be handed to her. This is the white privilege everyone talks about. Instead of her dominating in practice and taking shyt, you want it to be handed to her. How is she going to get better?

The last game she was the primary ball handler and had 10 turnovers.

Where is the video of her motivating her teammates on the sidelines and being vocal. The first game you got Aaliyah Boston giving her pep talks instead of it being the other way around. Which brings her leadership into serious question. She just came from a winning program and it seems like the type of player that if she doesn’t get her way she will just bytch and complain before she takes her ball and go home.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
People wanna blame Coach Sides but she has a job to do which is coaching the way she sees fit to win and not play favoritism to one player who is a rookie and needs to earn her stripes/respect (playing time, control of the offense, etc) just like everybody else. I appreciate the way Christie Sides is handling this Caitlin Clark spectacle by not caving into the noise and challenging and questioning her game/skill and desire to be better.

So allowing Erica Wheeler to freeze out CC, not playing to CC strengths (having her stand in the corner behind the line) and making her shoot long twos is coaching to win?

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And there in lies the problem. You don’t want Clark to earn anything. You want it to be handed to her. This is the white privilege everyone talks about. Instead of her dominating in practice and taking shyt, you want it to be handed to her. How is she going to get better?

The last game she was the primary ball handler and had 10 turnovers.

Where is the video of her motivating her teammates on the sidelines and being vocal. The first game you got Aaliyah Boston giving her pep talks instead of it being the other way around. Which brings her leadership into serious question. She just came from a winning program and it seems like the type of player that if she doesn’t get her way she will just bytch and complain before she takes her ball and go home.

I expected her to struggle. The 10 turnovers the first game isn't a big deal.

Her PG freezing her out and the coach standing in the way is a problem.

I'd be pissed if I paid to see CC yesterday and she only scored 2 points (while sitting for 30 minutes) at the half.

Let her play her game and stay out the way. The Fever are probably going to pick at the top of the draft again in 2025

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
So allowing Erica Wheeler to freeze out CC, not playing to CC strengths (having her stand in the corner behind the line) and making her shoot long twos is coaching to win?

Breh… you don’t get it :snoop:

There’s nothing physically imposing about Clark. She hasn’t shown the ability to take players off the dribble and break down defenses. She doesn’t have a mid range game. She can shoot the three, but she hasn’t shown the ability to consistently create space at will. The passes she made at Iowa got stolen versus pros. And her IQ is lacking because she doesn’t know how to recognize double teams and traps to get the ball out of her hands. She plays at 55 mph while everyone else is playing at 65 - 70 mph. She also take way to long to make decisions.

So why would the coaches and players trust her to do anything with the rock. She’s not even a leader yet.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I expected her to struggle. The 10 turnovers the first game isn't a big deal.

Her PG freezing her out and the coach standing in the way is a problem.

I'd be pissed if I paid to see CC yesterday and she only scored 2 points (while sitting for 30 minutes) at the half.

Let her play her game and stay out the way. The Fever are probably going to pick at the top of the draft again in 2025

And there in lies problem #2. She has no game :mjlol: not at the pro level.

Tell me. Beside shooting 3’s based on what you’ve seen so far, what does Caitlin Clark do better than anyone else? Is she faster? Is she quicker? Does she have elite handles? Can’t she beat double teams? Does she have elite passing? Is her basketball IQ higher than everyone else? Can she beat the person guarding her one on one off the dribble? And she create shots for herself and anyone else any time she wants?

Because if she could, she would be playing PG and running the offense. Iowa Caitlin Clark is mediocre compared to WNBA teams. That’s what you all need to understand. Most of her 3 point shots are rushed and under duress. Low percentage. And teams are going to allow her to pull up from half court or way behind the 3 point line. They will simply make someone else beat them.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh… you don’t get it :snoop:

There’s nothing physically imposing about Clark. She hasn’t shown the ability to take players off the dribble and break down defenses. She doesn’t have a mid range game. She can shoot the three, but she hasn’t shown the ability to consistently create space at will. The passes she made at Iowa got stolen versus pros. And her IQ is lacking because she doesn’t know how to recognize double teams and traps to get the ball out of her hands. She plays at 55 mph while everyone else is playing at 65 - 70 mph. She also take way to long to make decisions.

So why would the coaches and players trust her to do anything with the rock. She’s not even a leader yet.

All that may be true, but the Fever picked her first overall with a huge fanbase in tow. She needs to be put in a position to succeed regardless of match ups and feelings.

If she was on the Aces or Liberty, I'd understand her getting the rook treatment from her teammates and coaches.

The Fever may be the worst team in the league and the fans are coming out to watch her; not the coach and not Erica Wheeler. Play to her strengths and let her go through her growing pains.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Erica Wheeler is a vet, she's earned playing time and the trust from her coach to have the ball in her hands.

Caitlin has to prove herself to Coach Sides in order to get more PT and the greenlight to run things through her. It has to be earned, and what she did in college is great but this is the pros and the style that Catlin is playing is too reminiscent of her Iowa career...she's basically still playing as if this is NCAA basketball. She's gonna have to make adjustments and improvements of her game and IQ to win the coach over in order to be given the “keys”.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Wemby was a "bust" after two games too.

But Wemby has physical attributes you can’t coach. He’s a point guard in a 7’5 body. When you a physical advantage over most players on the court, it’s only a matter of time before they dominate. Wemby is also younger. Way younger.