Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
i have a feeling they're gonna exaggerate how Riley took over the team. They probably are gonna make it look like he man handled and Debo'ed it from Westhead on some back stabbing sh*t but in reality, it was Magic who wanted Westhead out or get traded. I can see it already :martin:

Daps
The whole purpose of the book was to give McKinney his credit. Pearlman kinda went in on his story.

The Lakers went from McKinney to Westhead to Riley in the '80s. That's wild. Westhead might have got up his own ass after wining that title, but he went to Loyola Marymount and had those Gathers/Kimble teams dropping avalanches on everybody. That school hasn't been relevant in basketball since that era.

On another note, if we're getting another basketball series based on the success of this one, they should adapt the book Tall Tales and Short Shorts that's all about how the '70s were a bridge between two eras of NBA ball.

Tall Tales and Short Shorts: Dr. J, Pistol Pete, and the Birth of the Modern NBA

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i have a feeling they're gonna exaggerate how Riley took over the team. They probably are gonna make it look like he man handled and Debo'ed it from Westhead on some back stabbing sh*t but in reality, it was Magic who wanted Westhead out or get traded. I can see it already :martin:
Nah, they’re already laying the seeds that Magic has no problems going to Jerry Buss whenever he doesn’t like something. Now whether they’ll show Riley in on it or not is another issue.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Didn't Buss mom die 2 years before he bought the Lakers.

I honestly think Jeanie Buss is someone who is secret said ok to this show. She is getting a good edit.

Honestly I don't know what is real or not.

I remember seeing an article a couple weeks back talking about how the show was gonna show Jeanie's importance to the organization...didn't pay too much attention to it

but this point you bring up :patrice:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Didn't Buss mom die 2 years before he bought the Lakers.

I honestly think Jeanie Buss is someone who is secret said ok to this show. She is getting a good edit.

Honestly I don't know what is real or not.
Doubt it. Why would she want her pops to potentially get retro me too’d? They’re doing right by her because they’re purposefully showing women with agency in contrast to all the women who are purely sex objects they’re portraying.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Doubt it. Why would she want her pops to potentially get retro me too’d? They’re doing right by her because they’re purposefully showing women with agency in contrast to all the women who are purely sex objects they’re portraying.
He’s dead. How can he get me too’d? Still think she signed off on this. She didn’t even join the organization until two years after she graduated from college. She also managed some tennis organization. So miss me with the wide eyed innocent looks the actress is giving.